1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Sp

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by higgy748, May 15, 2020.

1. I'm using standard 916 plugs in mine.
    Does anybody use the recommended racing plug at £50-60 each.

2. If my memory serves me right they're a colder plug which you'd see the benefit more on a high compression / tuned engine.

Before shelling out for that sort of money go for iridium. They give a really nice clean burn due to the way the electrode is configured and I think you'll notice an overall smoother idle as well.

3. do you mean QA55V Champion ? surface discharge plugs?

i had a set in my 996, and noticed no change with them on track, i had little tuning at the time ( fitted due to a duff plug when i was on track) but if you have had work done, then maybe an advantage there..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Higgy, with electrical stuff think of it not as performance tuning but loss of performance prevention tuning.

So as Nathanhu says, you won't lose anything by fitting them other than 100 notes from your pocket but were you to go and start tuning your engine you'll find that with stock plugs you'll be more prone to misfiring and pre-ignition problems, or a more rapid failure rate. That's when these will come in.

You'll be paying to ensure there is no deterioration in performance for the duration that they are required such as a race.
    I know of top fuel drag teams that will bin plugs after every run for example because they're just destroyed.

Save your money for now and go with iridium over stock if you want to see if it will make a difference, otherwise stock is still more than good enough.

#4 Sev, May 15, 2020
    Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Thanks for the replies. I will go with the iridium plugs.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information