1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 916 Strada Eprom

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by TNR, Aug 5, 2019.

1. EDIT: Issue solved- It's an FBF chip....sticker just fell off. They must use a Thai chip to do their programming.
    --------------------------------------

I realise this topic has been done to death, but I thought I'd crack open my P8 ecu for the first time to see exactly what chip I'm running.
    The first thing I see stuck to the lid is a Fast By Ferraci sticker, dated Sep '95 which I took as a good sign.
    2019-08-05 12.30.05.jpg

But when I looked at the board, it looks like I have a stock chip (Thailand??)

2019-08-05 12.24.02.jpg

I bought the bike with Termi 45mm slip-ons, so am not sure if the chip has been changed from OEM or not. Bike runs well, idles perfectly. Mid-range torque is mediocre, which I presume is standard for a 916...

Thoughts?

#1 TNR, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. Put another sticker over that glass window on the chip otherwise the UV rays will erase it :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Back in the day I used to have access to an EPROM programmer so would make the odd "backup" for for myself and friends.

From what I can make out the FBF sticker has left some adhesive residue on the chip (where it belongs) so you're probably fine.

As mentioned though, don't leave it exposed to the light for too long as UV light is used to erase these EPROMS.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crikey, I thought you boys were taking the mick.....lid now back on and light sealed out.

Have to say my research indicates that the FBF chips simply increase fueling by 10%. Would explain why it's running rich. Plugs are black, pipe ends ditto.

Think I'll go the Ultimap UM061 route, unless anyone has a recommendation to the contrary.

5. After trying a couple of maps I ended up with Ultimap. Good midrange but does drop off at the top end. But that's just the way the early 916s are I think....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information