1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916sps Owner - Lensdale Sa

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Lensdale, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Hello, I am joining a couple of international forums to see if any are worth belonging to any more. I have been a member of many Australian Forums over the years but most have now dried up in activity or closed down. They have gone over to Facebook, which I don't like.

I live in Lensdale in the Adelaide Hills, close to my family's 160 acre apple orchard - the area is full of orchards of fruit and table grapes.

I bought my bike in 2002 from the original owner. It is number 514. My intention is to build a suitable garage for her as she is kept in a shed under a tarpaulin along with harvesting machinery at the moment. Here she is:

916sps#7.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Welcome along apple pie;),she's a real beauty:upyeah:

3. welcome to the best Ducati Forum - full of well, all-sorts of precious things :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lovely bike. Get a proper garage built! No good under a tarp!

5. 3rd time lucky?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome Lensdale. There are many garage build threads on here and yes you have to do it, although your climate is perhaps a bit dryer than ours.

BTW this is probably the best English language Ducati forum so you’ll be grand :upyeah:

7. Welcome dude

8. I expected Ducati.ms to be a lively place, given the resources Ducati aims at the US market + the population but I think it is, sadly, a generational thing.

Anyway here is a picture of my area, it is a very nice place to live, and there are some good rides through the hills as well.

lenswood-our-regions.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ahem, it’s a generational thing here too. Pretty much everyone is of a certain generation it’s just that many refuse to accept it ;). But that generational thing brings experience and worldly knowledge and there’s that in abundance on here. Enjoy.

10. What I meant by "sadly" is that the knowledge that is built up in the forums that remain does not flow down to kids starting out pulling things apart and trying to solve problems. My son, who only uses Facebook and other similar things will come to me with a question some kid has posted about his bike. Honestly, I wonder how many under 25's have worked out how to inflate their tyres, and God knows what pressures they run!!

11. Aha. Understood. Get him to sign up here. There’s all sorts know about all sorts here, not just Ducs

12. Just joined and searching for a GT1000 rear rack. Anyone out moving one?

13. Welcome Cranker and enjoy, but introduce yourself in the Newbies section then post in the Wanted section and the respective ‘The Machines’ section and we all like pics please. :upyeah:

14. Old guy typically building old Harleys. Several years ago, I did sell my 74 GT750 only to create an indefinite regret. I have finally purchase a GT1000
    after years of shovelheads, evolutions, Valkyrie, YZF1000, RC51, panheads and so on. I did have a hard time slowing the sport bikes down. When I am going 120 mph it feels like 80. I changed back to Harleys as when I am doing 80 mph it feels like 120. Less tickets. Now I also love my GT !!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome Lonsdale ,lovely bike.

16. I have always loved the 916 work of art. Selling off more toys and will be adding a big brother to my GT.

17. Nice one, but I meant start a new thread in this section - Newbies Hangout, you’ll get more responses. Just copy & paste and you’ll be grand.
    Oh, and post pictures of your bike(s) with rubbish bins on the background and you’ll get brownie points from our new leader @Ducbird ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hi and welcome to our Ducati forum hope you like it

19. Welcome Aussie Dude :cool::upyeah:

20. Welcome and enjoy. Lovely bike and a nice area you live in!

This is the best forum by far!!

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information