1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

939 Cambelt Cover

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Scott Watson, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Hi guys just picked up a 2017 939 I noticed a gap in the cam belt cover is this normal ?

2. Yep, mines the same and I've noticed it on most I've seen

3. My 2018 is the same. Crazy - you can see the idler wheel! I'm going to try to get a photo to Ducati and get their comment (not going to hold my breath though). I can only assume it's for ventilation but it's a totally stupid design decision! I took it to local dealer - shrugged shoulders....

4. I spoke to my local dealer and he said it was normal, I agree with you though doesn’t look right

5. Doesn't look right and I'd hate to get even a bit of grit in there to chew up the belt & wheels! I'll post if I get anything back from Ducati.... Pic attached for anyone else interested.

939 cambelt-cover crack.jpg

6. Exactly the same as mine if you hear anything please let me know

7. I sent my 'complaint' to Ducati Italy (didn't bother with UK) just after doing my post here, and I got a call from Ducati Italy Customer Service today! First thing she asked me was "..what did my dealer say.."; haha, I said that they didn't have a clue! Her response to my complaint was that as there hadn't been any reported problems with the 939 model because of the cambelt-cover gap I could ignore it. She did say that, because I've reported it as an issue that I'm concerned about, they have it on record and would bear that in mind if there was ever a problem. Not much use as they've no VIN, etc record.
    So, better than being ignored; better than nothing; a lot better response than I was expecting, but it's still not a good design in my (& clearly your) opinion. The other thing she said was not to modify the cover (as I may do discreetly) as that would invalidate any warranty, etc.
    By the way, the same area on the new 950 has the rubber cable conduit thingy (that on the 939 is above the gap) obscuring that region...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information