1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 95 916 - Fuel Regulator / Mapping

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Cinko, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Wanted to see what some options were for my 95 916 S1.

I purchased this bike after it had been sitting in storage for a couple years.

I finished up nearly all of the maintenance that It needed since purchased this year, and now that its up and running I want to verify its getting the right air to fuel ratio.

For reference it now has New belts, new gaskets (fuel and exhaust), new sparkplugs, new fluids all around, new filters, new fuel lines and connecters, pretty much all the main things I could think it would need have now been gone through as well as non-engine related things, like new tires, brakes, etc.

I have not had a 916 before this one, but now that I am up and running it seems to be a little down on power in the lower RPM's during roll-ons. It has a two brothers full race exhaust as well as carbon air intake with high flow filters. I don't know if this has ever been mapped for the exhaust (which was done before me) and definitely has not been mapped since after all the work and also the intake upgrade.

What are my options and getting this dyno-tuned, its an older year and I am not sure what is required aftermarket wise to get this mapped. I am really just looking to make sure this is getting the right air and fuel ratios and running at its best for its current setup, don't want to drop a whole lot into this as I am not trying to squeeze every last bit of HP out of it, just want to running how It should be now that everything has been updated.

I have done quite a bit of work on carb'ed street bikes, but all my FI bikes have been either cruiser or touring and have never had any performance mods done. I don't even know where to start with chips, flash tuned ecus, and fuel mapping software???

Can any one point me in a direction with what will work on this bike in order to get the ratios as close to where they should be as I can?

Appreciate any help here

2. #2 Cinko, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  3. FIM Ultimap chip?

4. Didnt know of that chip, just called around and found motowheels here state side had a chip specifically for this set up Im running... last one in stock and had been sitting on the shelf for years... I guess it was waiting for me...lol

Thanks for your help here!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. That’s rather fortuitous- glad to have helped.

6. My 916 has a PCIII and was set up on a dyno. However this was over 15yrs ago. Its had a full monty by Snells and a full 50mm termi. Other than that its standard.

If youre near Bristol, i recommend cjs for dyno.

Edit: oops. Usa. Soz

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  7. Is yours a p8 by chance (94 or 95 or sp)? If so what set up did you use to get the PCIII to work?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information