1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950: Arrow Decat Touching The Swing Arm

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by PeteKeys, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Hi

The arrow decat when it came was very silver compared to the standard exhaust - after a few days of running its turned exactly the same colour .. nice

[​IMG]

i have noticed however that the exhaust slightly touches the swing arm at the bottom. I am presuming when i sit on the bike that the gap opens up.

[​IMG]

Not a good picture - its quite difficult to see in there. Anyone else have this issue when fitting theirs?

2. You’re right it is a bit tight, I jiggled mine around to get a couple of mm clearance. When I sit on the bike the gap is more acceptable and the rubber bung that it’s close to is only a few £ so I’ve not been too worried about it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Hi friend!

First of all, sorry for my english. I think this issue comes in the firsts manufactured decats.

I ordered mine last week, and he have a "re work" in this face of the decat, just for this, take it off, get a piece of hood and a hammer with care, or talk with your dealer (i think the second option is better, hehe).

I hope this can help you.

Regards.

IMG-20190712-WA0018.jpg

4. Yes, think you are correct. My link pipe arrived yesterday and it to has the 'modified crease' Not had a chance to fit yet but hopefully there will be clearance.

5. Mine had the"crease" in it as well. Interested if anyone's actually clears the swing arm?

6. with fitting the decat and sc project silencers is there any ecu flash needed
    thanks

7. This fitment issue is still alive and well. My vendor is trying to get an answer about it from the factory.

Not acceptable even if it may work. The fitment should have more clearance.

arrow 6.jpg arrow 4.jpg arrow 3.jpg arrow 2.jpg

8. Found a solution to this issue.

The hangar to the welded support should be the last thing to be secured and then use whatever hardware is required to mount it without stress.

Mount the rubber shock mount to the welded support, on the other side of that recommended by the instructions, as per my picture.

Good swingarm clearance now.

arrow hangar.jpg

#8 Pard, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
Do Not Sell My Personal Information