1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Mapping Issues

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by harryscfc, Jul 30, 2020.

1. I have SC project cans and the arrow decat and running T800 upmap (Termi full system)

At a constant throttle the revs seem to be ‘hunting’ ... or fluctuating on/off. Very annoying. I know I know ‘why are you at a constant throttle ... it should be pinned or not’ but on motorways it’s very noticeable.

T800 have just released the SC project with decat map so am trying to blag a free go to see if it solves it. Was wondering if anyone else had the issue? I’ve still got 02 sensors fitted although they should be bypassed with the current map.

2. The O2 sensors on my Multistrada were physically unplugged for the re-map. I have never used any aftermarket solution for a de-catted system so have no idea if yours should be unplugged or not. Andy

3. Cheers Andy. Might try unplugging them if it’s still the same when I get the new map. At least it will rule them out.

4. Interesting that you would use the Termi full sys map for the dual SC cans + decat. I did research on the T800 for my Termi full sys but ultimately went with the official Ducati map instead. If I were in your shoes, I would get servo eliminator and try the UpMap for the dual Termi cans (That is before the UpMap for dual SC cans comes out).

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. it was the only map out at the time and went with full system rather than just end cans as I had decat pipe. Someone posted they had ran that set up with no issues. The SC project can with decat is now available on the T800 site but I’m reluctant to pay £100 for it as not convinced it will fix the specific issue. I’m trying to get it free of charge to try. We live in hope.

Where would I get a servo eliminator?
    Cheers
    Harry

6. I'm always under the impression that single can and dual cans are largely different and thus they require different maps, regardless of the decat. Admittedly, I don't possess the knowledge on this area though.

You can look up the healtech website for their servo eliminator product. I believe they should be able to point you to where to buy. I've seen few people use the healtech servo eliminator in combination with the decat to avoid sensor problems. That's all I know.

7. Cheers. Is that just for the exhaust valve? I think as I have the upmap then I don’t (or shouldn’t) need the healtech servo eliminator? The upmap states the server motor is bypassed and can be removed (same with the o2 sensors). I think that the healtech eliminator stops the warning light if you’ve not had it remapped. But then again I could be completely wrong!

#7 harryscfc, Jul 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  8. T800 have uploaded the Sc project cans plus decat map to my app so will load that on Monday and see what difference it makes. Cheers everyone.

9. I have the SC Project end cans with the Arrow link pipe (cat removed) and had the Rexxer tune/map. Runs very well with no problems. The bike was suffering a bit with the strange stalling/cutting out issue but once I had this lot fitted with the Rexxer its not done it since?!

10. Yeah that was the way I was going to originally go. But my dealer doesn’t have the kit any longer. I’ve loaded the new map and took it for a quick blast and it does seem better. Will take it for a better run next week.

11. Still ran like dogshit although went ok round Donington as it was either on or off!
    Saw another thread that said disconnect the o2 sensors. Did that and it runs so much better. Not 100% but now rideable. Obv they are not fully disabled with the upmap.

12. I’ve removed my O2 sensors and the AIS valves at the same time and the bike runs a lot better for it.

13. Assume you bought an AIS removal kit - where from and is it easy enough to do?

14. Took me less than an hour taking my time and I got it from Smart Moto.

15. Cheers buddy.

16. Sorry to hijack the post. Is there a recommended brand/supplier for the exhaust valve eliminator? I need one for a 2019 950. Anxious not to buy something that’s not reliable.

17. I didn’t need one as the T800 map did the job of eliminating it (although i still needed to disconnect them) but I think HealTech is the name I see banded about.

18. Thanks. I’ll have a look at healtech.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information