1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Newbie

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by SidG, Jun 2, 2021.

1. 20210518_114351.jpg
    Just picked my 2017 950. Only done about 200 miles and I'm really enjoying the bike. Passed my test 3 years ago and this is only my 2nd bike, moved up from a Yamaha MT07. The 950 is streets ahead in terms of quality, comfort, handling and much more. Wish I'd done it sooner but wanted to gain more experience. Once moving, I feel great on the bike. Only issue I have is the big increase in weight and size of the bike when doing slow manoeuvring and I'm worried about dropping it. Hopefully just need to get used to it. Looking into getting either crash bars or bobbins, handguard protection just in case and perhaps a kickstand extender. Would appreciate any suggestions.
    Found the wind protection excellent apart from buffeting on motorways so I'm going trying out the iconic parts screen spacers.
    Looking forward to many more miles and meeting other Multistrada owners. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Greetings!

3. Sorry! Forgot my manners. Thank you for adding me to the forum :upyeah:

4. Welcome!

5. Welcome to the forum Sid, looks good, are those graphics or paint?

I have Evotech bobbins on my 1260. One static drop and zero apparent damage, amazing. Didn't have panniers fitted at the time and luckily bars moved as I laid it down (went past point of no return whilst slow-speed manoeuvring) to prevent damage to hand guard. You can't anticipate what sort of drop you'll have and crash bars and bobbins usually work differently depending on the circumstances. Arguably bobbins could cause more damage, not less, with a more significant crash. However, I take the approach that in such a scenario this where insurance is likely to step in. The bobbins are to just save on damage of minor parts that I'd be paying for without a claim.

6. Welcome into the mad house newbie Sid

You forgot to include a rubbish bin in your picture :)

7. Thanks for the advice. Looks like I will fo for the evotech bobbins. More expensive than the R and G but look better imo.
    On the bike is a graphics kit which was on when I bought it. Cheers.

8. Welcome and thread moved :)

9. Thanks for that. Sorry realised later should have posted in the newbies hangout

10. Welcome to the forum

11. Welcome to the forum Sid:upyeah:

12. Had R&G ones on my previous bike, an MV Agusta, and agree. The Evotech ones are definitely the better option aesthetically. I've embarrassingly 'tested' both (the mechanic did a static drop with the MV).

Do Not Sell My Personal Information