1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Vs 950 Sp

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Stu__grant, Jan 23, 2022.

1. Hi All,

I have been lusting after a Hypermotard for ages, it looks like a road going version of my enduro bike & like a whole load of fun!

I was interested to know if there is much difference in the way the SP rides compared to the standard bike?

The SP models seem to sell quicker when they come up for sale, that is the one I want (I think).

Is there anything to watch out for when buying a hyper?

Anyone want to sell me theirs?

Thanks, Stu

2. Hello Stu
    I have the 950 sp as it was the only hyper my dealer had at the time , I have ridden my mates standard 950 and it was just as much fun . It did feel slightly lower and minus the quickshifter. I watched a few reviews and they almost dismissed the standard model after riding the sp but I personally don’t agree with that , I think it was down to the ohlins giving more ground clearance and the single aftermarket pipe making it sound better . I can say I had no issues with clearance on my friends bike and doubt I would on track either .

#2 hic2wo, Feb 1, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Engines are the same so you are paying for better suspension and lighter wheels. Buy the SP, you just know it makes sense :D Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Your licence! Mine makes me ride it like I stole it every time!

5. Ive got the Hyperstrada which is 2 steps off the SP and i love it but it does have its limitations when pressing on and some of those will be the same on the normal Hyper .
    Its way too easy to drag it's pegs . Sure the stand will touch down first but thats not on a normal hyper so forget that.
    The suspension is way better on the SP so when riding it as Ducati intended you will really notice the difference.

Sp every time if you can justify the price difference.

6. SP has a higher seat height than the already high standard bike. Something to bear in mind.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information