1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 959 Brake Bleed & Abs

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by bigjimmyb, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Evening chaps,

I wonder if anyone can tell me if bleeding is straightforward?

live yet to check my manual but have been told by someone if could mess the ABS up? Sounds unlikely but I’m here at the font on knowledge to be educated.

Thanks
    BJB

2. Easy. I've got the service manual and it's like bleeding any other bike. I'll see if I can find the page and add it here

3. The ABS bit is the last image.

4. thanks Jamie, much appreciated.

5. “Someone” doesn’t know what they are talking about. Jamie W has kindly reproduced the relevant pages from the manual. The ABS manifold can make bleeding air from the system long winded (no pun intended) but you’ll get there in the end. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. All done and all good. Thanks for your input fellas.

• Like Like x 2
  7. So the 'bleeding the ABS unit' section in the manual was just BS! It didn't tell us to do anything different from the previous instruction. Hmmmm.

8. It basically says push the pistons back so any air in ABS unit into the master cylinder and then bleed as normal. What's BS about that?

9. When I swapped the abs on the 959 for the 1299 I didn’t bother pushing the pistons back. Just bled as normal. Didn’t take long to get the pressure back.

10. Not so. Not criticising your helpful post. Just saying that pushing the pistons back is in the 'bleeding ' section, page 129/1288. The section titled 'Bleeding the abs hydraulic system' on page 543/1288 ADDS NOTHING. It already said push the pistons back on page 129.

11. I think they put it so if someone like the above looks for it, they can get an answer. Although they could just say follow the other instructions if it does the same thing I suppose.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information