1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 959 No More?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by duke63, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Though its still listed on the Ducati site as a current model, you can no longer configure one, nor book a test ride.

Looks like its demise is imminent.

#1 duke63, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. That's awesome news , are we getting a new model announced ?

RBW.

3. Think I’ll have to keep mine and watch it rise in value :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. The introduction of a Corse is normally a signal that the product will be retired soon after.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. A 750cc V4 replacement would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hasn't Claudio directly ruled out a smaller v4 for the smaller panigale because of complexity in building (and hence cost) would mean its not viable ? Also there was something said that they would still have a V2/L2 in their sportsbike line up.

Either way, can't wait to see if we get a new model announced on November 4th.

RBW.

7. A smaller capacity v4 is going to be big bucks. The 959 is probably a keeper. The price of these bikes is fecking stupid, or rather my wallet just isn't big enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. IIRc they ruled out there being a Superquadro 899 when the 1199 was released.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. If the V4 isn't going to be used in a smaller capacity sports bike where else is it going to be used? Naked?

10. Isnt the smart money on a v4 streetfighter being launched in November ?

RBW.

11. I'm hoping it's either a Streetfighter or a smaller capacity V4 Panigale

12. This is a cheap one :)

IMG_2616.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  13. I’d go with 750 V4 being on the cards

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I hope you lot are right. I’ll be getting my wallet straight out if a Streetfighter or middleweight is on the cards!

15. It is, thank you for the compliment

16. My first big bike was an RVF400, loved it!, and wish I still had it now, your one looks in great condition btw, and love the RC45 style exhausts :upyeah:.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. They're maybe going to increase capacity again, to say 1199?:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. I've just bought a 959, but would be quite happy to the smaller superbike replaced with a V4 right now - would be nice to have the last of the smaller twins - like the Final Edition.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information