1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 & Supercorsa Pressures

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by flatstick959, May 7, 2017.

1. been running my supercorsa sp tyres at 33f 34r as per the Rossi corsa

Yesterday I tried 31f and 30r

The bike felt weirded at first but one up to temperature definitely felt more grippy

After a run I checked the rears had went up to 35psi And fronts 33psi but only felt warm where the rears did feel hot.

Pirelli website says hot pressures should be about 31f 28r. I might try running the front softer and see it it warms up better

What does everyone else run in their supercorsa's

2. I just run around 34-36ish both on the road cold, track il run front 34 and rear 27 hot. I found going a bit harder on the front helped with heavy braking and the compression of suspension not tyre taking some of it. It's a minefield tho eh :grin:

3. Too right it is

Pirelli say 25-28psi hot and 23/26psi cold but that just seems low for the road

The front was at the right pressure after a run but kist feel colder to the touch compared to rear though my run home is a couple of miles sof dual carriageways so maybe cooled it down

I used to use Dunlop NTEC on the track and they only needed 19psi or something!

IMG_5163.PNG

4. Are we talking Road or track?

5. Road. On the track I use 31f and 28r hot

6. This all seems a bit back to front, you should be using those lower pressures on the track and the higher pressures on the road.

Supercorsa is 'road legal' track tyre, it's just burning up money and rubber using them on the road. Notice that the pressures listed in the Pirelli chart also mention using warmers at a specific temp for a specific time, I doubt people use those when they go for a pootle to the shops.

• Like Like x 1
  7. As I said I use 31f 28r on the track which is lower than I use on the road...

8. I run 32f and 30r on the road and never had a problem and drop them both by 4 psi on track

9. When I tried it yesterday it definitely felt better once they were warmed up. Just felt odd for the first few miles

10. Not sure where this info is from, but when i checked the pirelli website before, road use was 36 front and back.

11. Pirelli are not as sensitive to the wrong temperatures as other brands but you still need to get in the ball park. On the road 31f and 30r is reasonable as both sides will go up a bit when warm, I run 32f/28-30r depending on how hard I am going. Its not bad as the Supercorsa SP have the harder middle compound for motorway journeys but 34 rear is borderline too high and you're definitely risking overheating it and going a lot higher once you go onto the twistys.

12. thread moved and title amended to suit

13. Well I went out today on a a different run to last time (warmer day and roads more bumpy) and the bike felt terrible with 32f 30r cold

Checked them while out and both front and rear were 35psi

Bike felt good on its side but over bumper the thing was horrendous. Front was skipping all over as if front and rear weren't working together. At least the front felt warm today though.

Spoke to pirelli technical person today and she said supercorsa SP for road should be 33.5f and 36r

The chart on the website is maybe for supercorsa SC tyres.

Going to go back to what I used to Run (33f 34r) and see which I prefer.

Had it at California superbike school earlier in week and 32f 28r hot felt fine

14. IMG_0462.PNG
    If you select your bike on the Pirelli website it gives you this info. 2.5 bar is 36 psi. I've always run this and never had a problem. 33f 30r for track days.

15. IMG_5165.PNG

One I went on says 2.3 in the front

Going back to what I used to use just to compare anyway and see what it's like

Do Not Sell My Personal Information