1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'97 Supersport Fairing

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Mick-Bob, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Does anyone know if light weight race type fairings are still easily (in other words, cheaply) available for the carb. Supersports? I almost bought a set 20 years ago, the idea being to keep the original fairing safely hidden away in the loft and let the cheapo replacement take the stone chips etc. However, once I started hooning about the Speyside glens on my new toy that idea was soon forgotten!

When my bike doesn't sell I will, no doubt, put it back on the road. Rather than trying to boost power further I am looking at making it as light-weight as sensibly possible - hence the fairings (I don't want to run it with no fairings, so that is a no go). Any info, ideas, experience, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks.

This is the sort of thing in the picture:

Fairing.jpg

2. Thanks for that. I wouldn't be going to the expense of carbon stuff anyway.

It is kind of annoying as I remember loads of them for sale 20 years ago. It will also, no doubt, be made worse now by the fact that my bike is now considered a so called "classic" and therefore things like fairings will attract a "classic" premium (it is a Ducati too, of course, so already attracts a premium).

3. he did fibreglass as well at one point, yes, supplies are drying up/have dried up from even a few years ago.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. My panels are Ricambi Weiss, a fair bit lighter than the OE panels. I can recommend them

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Thanks to everyone who responded - and it is definitely good to get first hand recommendations.

If the bike sells then this is simply an academic exercise. If it does not sell then I will be looking at doing this along with other stuff to reduce weight. Even replacing the original heavy cans with light weight carbon ones made a noticeable difference to the way the bike feels weight wise.

6. Light weight carbon cans or similar are a must, the weight difference is incredible, not to mention the sound!
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I was very surprised at the weight of the originals and by the fact that they are slack and only held on by one 6mm bolt!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information