1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Aftermarket Exhaust Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by IMH, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Hey all, got my 996 on Saturday. Still carrying the standard factory cans which so need swapping out for something more fruity. Anyhoo, need advise on exactly this. I’ve seen what’s listed as “standard” termingnoni cans online. Is this correct? What’s the difference between what I have, and what these are? Visually no difference, but will these sound/breathe any better? Also, seems to be lots of talk about diameter. Do I need to be particular? What’s the simplest straight replacement for what I have? And finally…. Anyone got any cheeky cheap alternatives for sale to give me a little more rumble ;).
    Thanks in advance…

2. Arrow Ti cans appear on ebay from time to time, i picked up a set this summer for not a lot. I think the std Termi cans are just oem ones made by termi ie nothing special.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for confirming I’ll let them pass then…. Some nice Leo vince on atm, but a bit rich for me (also 50mm so I don’t think they’ll fit either?)

4. link pipe and termi end cans are needed,

5. Do you have some?

6. no mate unfortunatly

7. There some titanium can on ebay but u would need a 50mm link pipe. There are 45mm carbon but its just a case of waiting for them to come up for sale. Termi do make the standard cans so dont bother with them.

8. Thanks Paul…. Bugger, so the Leo Vinces I was watching won’t be a straight forward purchase either! Oh so much to learn!

9. There are some 45mm on there that look new. Hopefully someone will see this with a set for u.
    Also people will say u need a chip with the exhausts, i run 50mm cans on my 996 with the standard chip and it runs fine.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information