1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Carbon Parts

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Rosie, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Hi all,
    Been looking for new carbon bits for my 996R and have come across a firm called Speed Carbon in Italy. They say that they have been making carbon parts for Ducati for years using the original moulds. Would like to know if anyone has bought from them and if the finished product is any good.
    Thanks

2. Thread moved

3. yes and yes..... excellent quality

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’ve had a few parts from Speed Carbon and they were superb quality

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. try desmoracing in fce

6. How hard is to "fix" lacquer on existing parts that's starting to yellow? I've got my eye on a used carbon airbox but the lacquer is starting to turn yellow in places.

7. @Sev this picture best represents it I think:

[​IMG]

8. Are/were they good quality back in the day? I don't think I've ever seen one before.

9. I just realized... the airbox doesn't come with the intake tubes :( how much are those going to run me?!

10. Lots! :) I got a new set a couple of years back for about 200 quid. They were very thin but also very light. Needed work to get them to fit properly though. Particularly to get the oem clip to do something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I got all my carbon bits for my 900ie at RSR moto and my 996 bits from The Carbon King:upyeah:.

12. There stuff is good quality, i bought a carbon airbox, front mudguard, rider heel guards, and there quick delivery is spot on and i bought a EVR carbon expansion tank from Carbon4us that was a one off and that has been good, holding up well:upyeah:.

#12 WAYNE, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information