1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 996 Cat B Track Only Frame

Discussion in 'Parts, Accessories & Clothing For Sale' started by DRR117, Feb 26, 2017.

1. As the title says it's a 996 frame with its frame number still intact but it's registered as Cat B and therefore cannot go on the road. Track bike only

Straight and true and removed from a track bike which has been dismantled. I don't know the registration and I believe it was written off over 8 years ago.

Seems a shame to throw away. Anyone interested then feel free to make me an offer. Collection preferred from Leeds but will post if necessary. I'm at Donington on Tuesday 28th and can take it there if someone wants to collect.

IMG_3728.JPG IMG_3729.JPG IMG_3731.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3727.JPG

2. Another project looms, eh @Nelson ?

3. i could use the seat hinge....

4. How much and I'll whip it off and send it on?

5. That's a very early frame - No: 00017 :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maybe it's a prototype ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. No :upyeah:

They have 5 digit numbers as well you know :Wideyed:
    Pre Prod have 11 digits :Watching:

It's a very early number though :Mooning:

8. :Bag:

9. Do me a favor if you can?
    Could you weigh it? I'm curious to know the difference between these frames and the 1098 one I have.

Cheers

10. I'll weigh it when I get home and let you know.

11. If you're stripping it further I could make use of the Dzus/brackets/bolts :)

12. IMG_3833.JPG
    10.9kg balanced on my tiny scales. :thumbsup:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. How much does a 1098 one way Nelson, out of interest?

14. I should know tomorrow. I have some fishing/hanging scales coming.
    I'll report back...:upyeah:

15. Thanks mate, I'm surprised it's that low tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roughly 10.9kgs?

17. although the 1098 frame has lager diameter tube the tube has a thinner wall. Or so I've heard. so given that they are the same design there wouldn't be alot in it. Or is this poppycock?

18. Whey don't you get this Chiz to go with your 749R Engine donation from AC? :upyeah: cracking track bike :)

19. you are making alot of sense for a change dude!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information