1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Monoposto Tail & Seat. Red With White

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Ians16, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Hi all,

I’m looking for a monoposto tail unit and seat. Must be red with white number boards, ideally with pinstriping. I’d like it in decent condition rather than requiring paint. Don’t care if it’s OEM or a replica.

Edit: just bought a seat from eBay so just need the tail fairing now.

#1 Ians16, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  2. There's a mint freshly painted one on Ebay at the moment I think...

3. Thanks Exige but I couldn’t see it. I searched Ducati 996 tail, mono, monoposto etc. Maybe it’s gone?

4. They post worldwide and currently show a free promotion on delivery anywhere - standard would be all red I think, didn't only SPS and R bikes come with white number boards?
    Seems a good price for a genuine one with the fresh paint as the paint would cost a big chunk of the price.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Correct on the tail unit number boards:upyeah:916sp/916sps/R

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  6. I have one an original in decent condition. It has a couple of scratches but paint mostly very good. It has had a repair underneath where the brackets screw into the seat.
    If you’re interested I’ll let you have some pics on Tuesday.

7. If you could post some photos I would grateful. Thanks

8. Yes they definitely post worldwide, I have used them and had some parts posted to my daughter in Hampshire as they only list in £ and I am € based and too tight to pay paypal's enforced comedy forex rates!
    The price seems reasonable enough, I am paying the equivalent of £350 just to have a bare c/f unit painted. Snap it up, they are not producing any more!

9. Yes they definitely post worldwide, I have used them and had some parts posted to my daughter in Hampshire as they only list in £ and I am € based and too tight to pay paypal's enforced comedy forex rates!
    The price seems reasonable enough, I am paying the equivalent of £350 just to have a bare c/f unit painted. Snap it up, they are not producing any more!

10. I'm not looking for one :eyes:

11. I have a carbon fiber one kicking around somewhere. Paintwork is not too bad, scratched in a couple of places but no damage. Could do with it out of the way. ;)

12. Do you have any pics please?

13. It's for sale on here isn't it :thinkingface:

14. Yes! :)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information