1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 996 Sps Fr2 Project For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Carrott, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thanks for the interest in my post.

Around 4 years ago, I purchased this bike as a restoration project but I don't have the time to pursue this. It's now time to give someone else a chance to complete the build. I'm looking for offers over £10,000 so grab a rare and rapidly appreciating bike - you know you want to ... :cool::D The bike is located just north of Cambridge.

I have a printout of the Ducati datasheet for the bike which confirms the model and that the engine and frame are correct. The manufacturing data is shown as 9/12/1999 so assuming this is 1 of 147 and not 1 of 2 which would have be nice. The yoke plate is stamped 996 SPS and numbered 1221. The frame has the Kyalami deep loop. The engine has been stored under my computer desk in the spare bedroom so has been well looked after.

Included with the engine and frame are:
    • swinging arm (stamped as 99)
    • correct rev counter
    • rear frame for P8 computer
    • a pair of chain sliders - new looking
    • wheels - very good condition and lacquered
    • wiring loom with P8 computer
    • full lock set
    • tank - painted
    • faring side panels - painted
    • radiator and fan
    • I believe there is a steering head excentric adjuster in there as well
    • headlight bucket - stamped 99
    • double injector throttle bodies
    • a small selection of other items, both new and used
    • not to mention the correct rear wheel stand - apparently the correct colour to boot
    I thought I had more and perhaps better photos but have included what I have.

Please PM me to arrange a viewing.

C.

996 Screenshot.png IMG_3013.jpg IMG_3014.jpg IMG_3015.jpg IMG_3036.jpg IMG_3038.jpg IMG_3039.jpg IMG_3040.jpg IMG_3041.jpg IMG_3043.jpg IMG_3044.jpg IMG_3045.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. You should have sold it before brexit mate. Now it’s a big hassle to get it over here. GLWS. Cheers.

3. Thanks for the info but the bike has been in the UK for a few years now.

4. Is it a UK supplied bike? Does it have a current V5 (reg plate)

5. No forks, shock, brakes, clocks with miles?

6. Exhaust, nose cone?

7. I will be interested in this but certainly not at 10k+. There seems to be approx. 10k+ of hard to find missing parts!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I’m also interested, but I need a list of missing parts. 10k is a lot when incomplete and part prices are sky high at the mo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. German registered, no NOVA.

No. Documents suggest it had covered around 35Kms.

No.

10. Then make me an offer via a PM.

I have listed the parts I have so everything else should be considered as missing.

Especially if you buy them from specialsuperbikes1 ......

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Just offer what you think it’s worth matey. He can only say no. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. A man that likes to grab the bull by the horn....while the rest talk about it.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Yes true, but carrot is “I'm looking for offers over £10,000” that’s just too much for what he’s selling in my opinion and if your looking for that we won’t come near to each other. Simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. yoke stamp 1221 seems high for 99 bike,, most ohlins models are around that number,, iv got a dec 99 sps and its a 687

16. Wheels suggest it’s ohlins model. That was my thought.

17. True. But if you think it’s worth 3k at least it’s an offer on the table.

18. i bought a whole sps bike for nearly half the price

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1 mans loss is another mans gain,,, BARGAIN !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information