1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Sps Rebuild

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by cookster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Hi chaps as some of you know I bought a barn find sps in a bit of a state back in the summer with the intention of stripping it and rebuilding it to a nice useable condition with a bit of touring and a few track days in mind , it's a 2001 model with ohlins front and rear totally standard other than rear sets. Not got any pics of the bike yet but here's a start of the engine out at louigi motos going for a full blue print, super finished gearbox, crank and cams, balanced crank and rods, mild porting to the heads full set up and map when it's back together. Here's the pics....
    20171021_103956.jpg 20171021_104005.jpg 20171021_125847.jpg 20171021_152622.jpg 20171021_152607.jpg

• Like Like x 23
  2. I'll post more pics when I can get to the rest of the bike.

3. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this mate. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. yeah should be good mate. :D

5. Liking the look of this thread already, would be interested to know the cost and power / usability advantage the engine work gives over what would be standard.
    Good luck with this,

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. looks great keep the updates coming

7. Looks interesting , more pictures please

8. once im up the work shop il take some more of the bike in parts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Those pistons are huge compared to 350lc ones that i am used to, good paper weights, i wait for the next instalment :upyeah:

10. Talking of pistons I've got the option of putting some pistal high compression pistons in but not sure it could ruin the ride?? Anyone got any info on it?? This is going to be mostly a road bike don't forget.

11. I'd go with what Rich says.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ive got Pistal in mine,done by Lougi Moto, and I reckon that as they are doing the whole engine, it will be fine on the road. I have probably gone to far with mine as its only a track bike, and is horrible below 6000 rpm but does make 150 rwhp. You should get more of everything, and not lose anywhere. I would think that they will balance all the crank rotating mass as well which will make things even better.

13. Whats a super finished gearbox?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Are CJS Racing and Louigi Moto the same business?

15. Ish

16. so you could take your engine for the above work to 1 or the other?

17. The gears are tumbled with ceramic beads to take off all the sharp edges. Rich and Chris are 2 separate businesses that work next door to each other. Rich is the engine builder, Chris is the engine tuner. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. cjs dont build engines anymore only the mapping, rich does everything pretty much, by adding the pistals it adds another £600 on the bill,when a head skim would do the same job but is it worth using the original ones as ive seen a couple that crack.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Guess it depends if she is a keeper....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information