1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996 Talk To Me

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by simmytt, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Just at my local bike shop taking the multi for its mot, now I have never been a big fan of the 916 style bikes but there is one in the bike shop and it looks lovely, 996 , W Reg , 1 owner from new , 4K miles all the right paperwork as you would expect, he had a mono conversation from new, original dealer plates still on bike, polished termis, in yellow, lower fairings have been repainted , seems good value at 8k, good price or not.

0DBF41B8-D261-4701-B91D-8EE05A245FAE.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fair dealer asking price for one owner low mileage bike.
    Assume it’s 3 months warranty?
    Offer them £7250 and hold your breath ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Side photo, seriously thinking about it, started up on the button, casings all good, I would give it a 9.5 out of ten, would have liked it to have the original rear seat, apparently they did the mono conversion at pdi and the owner was not offered or did not want the original.
    ADFF71A9-E2C7-47C8-A547-0E619DC53635.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. looks beltin to me, one owner from new with only 4k is pretty good. as mentioned, make an offer and you've got a bargin i think

• Like Like x 1
  5. What's the service history like? When were the belts last changed, if it's done 4K I'd be wary of them.

6. Wrong colour :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bought a red 996S (2001) 3 months ago in NL for 8k euro with 16 k miles that I would rate 8.5 out of 10.
    Price seems to be very much OK.

• Like Like x 1
  8. its on autotrader so i would suggest you move quickly

9. Asked a few more questions when I pick the multi up, passed by the way, 6 years running now with no advisory’s. He only fitted the termis last year, all paperwork is comprehensive with original sales booklet and lots of history, belts done last year, it really is in lovely condition and totally original as far as my limited knowledge can tell, the only thing that stops it being a 10 out of 10 is that maybe the lower fairing paint is not a 100% colour match, very tempted to put a offer in, cannot be many 1 owner bikes around.

10. Yes they said it was on auto trader, mulling it over now.

11. TBH if you got it for anywhere around 7250-7750 that’s a good price in today’s overheated market. Last year possibly it might have been 7500 asking price and you might have got it for 7000. Either way it looks a safe bet and you are unlikely to lose money. Only real nasty is rockers and there is no way of telling that before buying unless history file suggests prior change (which would be great). Again, be a bit unlucky with that mileage.
    If you don’t offer make sure you let us know where it is as am sure a queue would form.
    Edit. Autotrader.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just put a fair offer in, wait and see time :astonished:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Looking in Autotrader belts done August 2018 and strictly speaking need changing every two years. Bargaining point.

14. I think the mechanic at the garage said he did them last year, I may be wrong as was asking lots of questions, if I do get it I don’t plan to use it this year as only just had 2 bikes serviced and mot’d.

15. If you don't get it then look at the Kawasaki kr1 behind it :upyeah: best of luck with the offer

16. All the two strokes behind are the shop owner’s bikes, he has had them for years and not for sale unfortunately.

17. Offer accepted, looks like I own a 996, how the feck did that happen :):)

• Like Like x 18
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Well done that’s fab news :grinning:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Brilliant.
    Better than cash in the bank.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information