1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 996r 2002 Neil Hodgson Win Edition - Fila Replica

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Slinky8, Oct 3, 2017.

1. I have the chance to purchase a

2002 996r Fila Replica
    under 5000miles
    Full Ducati Service History
    Ducati Power Commander - im told

im told it specificly was not the 200th win edition made in 2004 (easy mistake to confuse them?)
    it was brought out to celebrate Neil's win in 2002

i was wondering what you guys think its worth in regards to me buying it.

im told it might have been signed by neil himself also, but not confirmed yet.

if anyone knows a guideline purchase window i would much appreciate the knowledge of the masses :)

i think this would be a nice friend for my 848 which i love.

2. it will be a paint job, if it was me id only by an R in standard colours, would have lost a lot value if hes painted the original fairings.

3. As production of the 999 started in 2003, it would seem odd this could be a 996 made in 2002.
    Would it not be a 998 if made in 2002?

4. im wondering why he claims it an R,
    i dont know alot about the model, but theres no 'R' after 996 in the pictures.

what do you think?

5. That 996 looks remarkably like a 999

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. A Biposto 999, so definitely not an R

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. WHAT AN IDIOT, THIS IS A 999. quite clearly. those are the pictures he just sent me.

but a valuation i guess would still be great. but im holding my head in my hand now.

8. 5-6 grand??

9. Depends on condition, mileage and taste.
    Prefer my plain red one personally...

10. £5k max base model bi posta, in fact you can get 999S models for that.
    Not a special edition at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  11. ive just got off the phone to him, he states. this has not been made into rep colour. it was made by ducati, in the fila colours, to copy the race bike to a 'T'

he states it was to celebrate the win in 2002. and that any 2004 fila replicas are not the same as this model but newer. that infact this 2002 model seems to be 'more special' compared to other 999's

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. He's been hoodwinked :)
    It's a base model not made by Ducati and he has been had. He is now making himself look silly...
    What is he asking for it just for a laugh?

13. he started off at £15000.00 but i said i think if what he is saying is true its going to be in the more 10k mark. but i think im going to leave it well alone.

is there any knowledge about 999's made in 2002 being any different

• Funny Funny x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. Production started around September 2002 for 2003 MY bikes in both base and S models. 999R's started production in January 2003 :) Some were registered late in 2002...

15. It isn't what he says it is at all - no where near, don't go anywhere near it unless it is under £5K :)
    Send him here and we will try and educate him (I wonder what he paid!!!) :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. That's a standard model biposto 999 from 03 or 04. Probably non genuine fairings. Still has the biposto sub frame with the rear pegs removed. No way it's a 2002 IMO. Not an R with Showa shocks

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. IMAG0329.jpg

It's basically this (mine) in a different colour. P&H had this one painted, noting to do with Ducati.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. That isnt an R.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Oh Hang On!!!!!!!!
    This is an attempt for a Forum Award isn't it - most entertaining thread or Darwin Award perhaps? c'mon, come clean now :)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information