1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996sps Exhaust System Advice

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by 1198sp, Jul 15, 2019.

1. 2000/01 996SPS full exhaust system
    Looking at fitting full system
    Best advice for a system on 996SPS,
    What size is best,and mid pipe etc??!
    Advice on hours to get fitted??!!!
    Buying??!!
    Cheers

2. Termignoni, 50mm system from the headers to the carbon sleeved end cans. IMO, you don’t want to go bigger (54mm) because of tuning. Not a difficult job just a bit fiddly for the rear cylinder, maybe 2 hours. Major point to take extra care is if you are removing the original headers, the exhaust studs which can very easily snap if not treated properly. Plenty of penetrating spray left to soak, warm the nut/stud with a hot air gun and apply gentle pressure to undo and take your time. You see systems come up on eBay, condition is of course key but the carbon end cans can be repacked if it’s too noisy. Andy

3. As Andy says I would stick to 50mm, possibly with 54mm cans if they come up. These pipes are good enough for nigh on 150 rwhp.....

4. Full 50mm system is standard original factory fit, so on the advice above you don't need to spend anything unless you decide on a 54mm.

5. titanium if you can find um. but as mentioned the standard system is more than enough.

6. Isnt a 50/54 mix best?

I am sure @nelly has advised on this before.

7. If the bike is stock, 50/50 works a treat. Back in the day, 54 cans would breath a bit more top end but the losses overall weren’t worth the trouble. Bigger headers weren’t worth the trouble unless you gave the motor a good going over and even then it was upper mid/top end that benefitted most

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Thanks for your advice , etc

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Thread moved

10. Are you that bored Teodoro that you are moving 10 month old threads ? Run out of patios to jet wash ?? I am, and I have !!!

11. I'm incredibly bored, so decided to do some housekeeping.

Lawn scarifying is next on the fecking agenda :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information