1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Lower Oil Cooler Pipe

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by bettes, Sep 23, 2017.

1. as per title... if anyone has one spare kicking about.

Ian

2. @bettes Are they the same as 9*6 ones?
    I have both for 9*6 but one has the standard cracked flange fitting while the other is fine. Not sure which one though, upper or lower.

3. The left hand one is cracked.

IMG_0091.JPG

4. Cheers mate.

Can anyone confirm if they are the same? The oil cooler I think is different so not sure.
    I'll pull the panels off in a bit and have a scan.

Thanks, ian

5. This is what I'm after achieving but at £750 for the pipe and £250 for the sensor, I need to go down a different route. :)

Oil temp.jpg IMG_4717.JPG

6. Just pointed Bettes in the direction of some 848 EVO oil pipes on ebay. Does anyone know why Ducati switched to taking the oil pressure off a T-piece on the pipe work for the 2010 onwards 1198 and 848 EVO? The normal point by the clutch housing is blanked off. [​IMG]

#6 chrisw, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. That's going to save a ton of hassle. Cheers chris!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thread closed?

9. I have those pipes Ian.

10. Thanks Gary. Sorted for the moment...
    Got a pair of eBay and they arrived yesterday. Just need to get the sensor then to fit it all.

Cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. It was done to improve the reliability of the sensor. Theory was that it being screwed into the engine casing was causing premature failure (heat/vibration). Seems to have worked tbh. as the later bikes don't seem to junk sensors anywhere near as regularly now.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information