1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Monoposto Seat Unit Please

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by theskitz, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Hi guys ! first of all i will apologize as i,m sure your all sick of this question ? i purchased a 999s last year and have loved making it my own with all the bits i wanted easy pizy . last week i decided to take the plunge on a 998s low mileage bike all is perfect but the tail unit used to convert it from a biposto to a monoposto is a ducati performance unit and i,m just not mad on it and would much prefer to have the standard 996/998 unit . i,m looking for advice on where to source an oem unit and i also realize that a second hand unit in need of a respray might be my only option ! thanks for any advice offered as i,m not stuck having tried every option ! thanks jay !

2. Hey

You want an OEM mono instead of a DP mono? Or a BP seat unit?

#2 Cream_Revenge, Feb 28, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  3. in the UK a single seat unit for a 996r was priced at £635 so i guessing all single seat units new 916/996/998 would be the same:upyeah:

4. Hi mate. I think you are right. Buy a not too rough 2nd hand one and get it painted to match your bike. A 998 should be aniversario red. This is what I did the other year. Paid about £120 for the seat unit and about £250 for it painting. If you sold your DP one, it might pay for it all doing. :upyeah:

5. thanks lads for the reply's and yes mr. cream_revenge its a standard oem monposto seat i,m after. i love that look ! i can source a aftermarket job but the ocd in me would rather spend the time and effort for an oem unit ? thanks jay

6. Can you just clarify what a D.P seat unit is, do you mean a c.f one or a plastic one?

7. Its a plastic one from ducati performance and it was used to swap the original biposto unit from the dealership on day one i have the original invoice from the dealership where it was purchased originally and not cheap. its has a few kick marks from the last owner where he got to the stage he couldn't get his leg clear so it would need to be repainted for me , so i would rather put the work into the seat unit i really want ! thats if i can find an oem ! thanks RCGBOB44

8. That’s Stephens old bike , I wasn’t made on that seat unit myself. If looking at getting one resprayed I know a good place to get it done in Crumlin , they’ve done work for Ducati Dublin

• Like Like x 2
  9. Thanks dave i would appreciate that !! both my bikes have come through stephen the 998s needs some minor tlc which i actually enjoy and a monoposto seat unit and i will have it clean as the 999s which is pristine thanks jay

• Like Like x 1
  10. Byrne and Murphy in behind the Texaco garage on the Crumlin road , the done my bottom panels on my 998 and did a fantastic job

Dropped pin
    near Byrne & Murphy Ltd, 12A Raleigh Square, Crumlin, Drimnagh, Crumlin, Co. Dublin
    https://goo.gl/maps/deH1GxjF8T52

11. No sign of him selling the 996r ?

12. it was hard enough to get him to part with his 999s he still tells me he shouldn't have let it go. the 998s was to be dropped to me today in naas but you probably know ireland was closed today !! i dont know what would persuade him to let that 996r go but its the bike id love mine to look like !! very like your own profile picture they just look stunning done like yours with the black wheels .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah love his 996r , yeah bad weather today and looks bad for tomorrow maybe the weekend will be better. My 998 has changed a lot since that picture , tallaght powder coating in Ballymount done the wheels for me

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for the info VtwinDave i take it you were happy with tallaght powder coating ? They seem to know there stuff when it comes to wheels . thanks jay

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes very happy with them very shiny , thinking of getting the red wheels on my 748s done

16. sounds tasty ! would you match the wheels and bodywork ?

17. Hi lads and ladies thanks for the advice first off ! sitting on ebay all day finally paid off and a very nice clean red oem monoposto seat unit came up from a german seller.it looks super and all it needs is the white number board ! a word of warning to anyone looking for a monoposto unit when it pops up you should act quick . i was sitting on ebay when the unit got posted up while i was thinking of making an offer rather than pulling the trigger on the full price 6 people watched the seat unit so i just went straight to buy now . so sorted and thanks again jay

• Like Like x 2
  18. Thread moved

19. Thanking you , regards jay

20. 8A20E54D-FCA4-4DE3-99FF-876A2767E1A4.jpeg
    No my 748s is grey with red wheels so thinking of getting them freshnd up

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information