1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998 With Only 953 Miles On The Clock...

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by ResB1299, Mar 31, 2017.

1. With no history no doubt - I went to look at a 700 mile 1986 GSX-RR a year or two ago at a main Honda dealer - it had the wrong 'standard' exhaust off the normal road bike fitted and on closer inspection had been fully restored. They were asking £25k and it probably sold to someone unaware of the details.
    You have to be careful with these things, could have been tracked, body work fitted back looking new, new or original low mileage clocks fitted and a good clean - however, with that negativity out of the way - is it worth £5k more than one with 5 to 10K on the clock? To some maybe... could be an ok buy if it checks out - but I guess there will not be a lot to check paperwork wise to prove the mileage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Not for 12k thanks :)

3. Have to say this one looks pretty genuine to me and it is as mint as you will ever see one bar some of the genuine 0 mile investment bikes. But it is at least £2.5k to much. At 953 miles and 1 owner there wont be too much history to find and if you look very carefully at the photos there is nothing to suggest it is a ringer. There is hardly any bling so an unmolested one for max value, did they fit Ohlins on the base 998 Bip or was it a Showa? Hope it is bought by someone who appreciates it

#4 Denzil the Ducati, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  4. Showa standard

5. That's where I got mine from. I bet it's genuine but even so, a grand or two over priced.
    Might be worth what they're asking if it were an S model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. With that amount of miles on it, it probably wants a rebuilt!

7. Looks 100% original to me even got the stock 2003 Michelin high siders on :)

8. They need to put another 45 miles on the clock. That should add £2k to its value. :grinning:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information