1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998s Question

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Noods, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Late 2002 998s was it a genuine mono? Or was it a Bi Po with a subframe being swapped?
    The model in question had ali finished termi end cans and a carbon bellypan .. and a tecnosel seat cover..

I notice the 2003 final edition 998S was a bi po..

Someone I’m sure will tell me..

2. saw it earlier. looks ok as a Bip 998s, but still has the pillion footpeg mounts, so will be a Bip rear subframe. logbook on my 2002 mon 998s says "998s-mono", and did come fully mono, with aftermarket 50mm cf termis and upgraded ecu to match (the original pipes and ecu are in the loft and seem to match the ones on the bike you posted earlier).

3. FE's were both available as mono and bip

4. Is your lad a mono or a BiP?

Asking for a friend.

5. If you are referring to the “just out of storage” 998s on eBay, for me there are too many unanswered questions. The DVLA has it first registered in September 02, the rear sub frame is most definitely not for a monoposta and god knows where it’s been stored because there is rust coming through all over the frame. IMO, you are looking at a money pit restoration and there are better out there for a lower overall spend. As DD has said, all versions of the 998 except the R, came in both bip and mono and IIRC fewer monos which is why there are so many post purchase conversions. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. looks well expensive for the condition that one!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mono, Loz

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Saw it last night when it went on eBay and really got me going until I looked at the rust and corrosion. What a shame, a can of ACF50 is only £15.

9. Thanks boys, both bi ‘s and monos... backed out of there sharpish..

I need to stop looking on e bay and stick to getting one off here which everyone knows about..

I’m deff a mono guy by the way .. and that’s guy spelt G U Y and not g a y .... x

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. He tried to fleece me with a cost price transport quote ( bike bus ) of £500 Glasgow to Ipswich ... I asked Chas Mortimer for a price £200 was the reply...

• Like Like x 1
  11. Any chance of some pictures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information