1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998s Refurb

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by West Cork Paul, May 24, 2020.

1. Reckon you’d be best off getting it serviced especially if you don’t know when last done.
    Shouldn’t cost much more then £250 without a spring change. :upyeah:

#261 bettes, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. It's probably never been touched since it left Ohlin's factory. Yeah, I've found a place in Cork who are Ohlin's factory trained suspension guys so I plan to take it there over the winter, get it fully serviced and have the suspension on the bike set up professionally by them rather than me doing it - although my attempts to date on other bikes haven't been too bad, at least a noticeable improvement over how they were.

• Like Like x 1
  3. You mean too much preload Paul if you are counting threads showing. HTH.

4. Yep, that's the word - too much Guinness last night, Thanks. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. You can never have too much Guinness:innocent:;), i've said this before we need a Guinness emoji:upyeah:.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Also while it’s in parts I’d get an alloy body to replace the steel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Do you mean the body of the shock itself?

8. Yes. I had mine done a few years ago. Unless you like the originality of the plated steel it’s a no brainier as it’ll be striped down for a service anyway. Or it should be !-)
    I’ll see if I can find the pics of mine.
    Not the best quality photo. But the body comes as a sort of grey anodised finish.
    15.jpg

#268 doogalman, Oct 4, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information