1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale 998s

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by RC1, Sep 3, 2018.

1. theres one in cheltenham for 10k on ebay. they seem to be going up weekly.: unamused:

2. I guess it is as they get more rare as each year passes and another may bite the dust or get broken for spares.

I have my 998s Monoposto insured for an agreed £10k, as I don't think I would be able to replace it for anything less than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  3. What would be the better track weapon the 998s or an 848 evo corse se?

4. Prob about the same power to be fair the 848 has got a tc system though.

5. 749r.... would wipe the floor ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. According to “official” figures the 998s was/is 123bhp and the 848 evo corse SE was/is 140bhp. And the 848 evo corse SE does have a tc system. And a quickshifter.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Maybe, but torque would muller the 848... and 848 don't have TC except the corse SE one iirc

123 was rewhp btw...you'd be doing well to get 125 standard from an 848 RW. Cans, filter, 130 tops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. No. Simply because it would need way more maintenance IME.

9. It's amazing that a modern slightly tuned 600 can have as much power these days.

10. But not the torque. Look at Moto2. Apparently like riding a two stroke with a narrow power band.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. 999s is cheaper and mega to ride.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I would say the 998 S version was a little more than 123 BHP. I believe it was always rated at 136..
    I know there is a big difference between magazine figures and real life but that would surely be the same for the 848, or anything else you compared one with.

13. Yeah... you get 1 torques more with a 999s, so the 998s is clearly a con.

998s
    999s

14. What about the weight? Surely the 848 is lighter

15. That’s half the fun!

16. Yes, the "proper" S has more power and the deep sump engine, and the later (better) brake calipers. The 998S flagged on the OP seems to be a proper "S", but there is another one on eBay that had 998S graphics and the old brake calipers, with the 123 BHP motor.

I definitely think there is a worthy premium for an S (around £9 - £10k), but the other ones that are not, are worth considerably less IMHO.

Caveat emptor again...

17. the one in my first post reached 8.6k on ebay but didnt meet reserve at 9k

Do Not Sell My Personal Information