1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 998s

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by manx999, May 26, 2019.

1. Anyone give a definitive answer as to the number of Bostrom reps made and where they were sold
    Internet varies from 155 to 310 in UK,USA and Asian markets
    Also an idea of current market value would be good
    Thanks

2. MCN quoted 155 for Europe in 2001 - they didn't have 998S Bostrom reps in the US...

3. 155 was an odd number to produce.

4. ^^^^^^^^^^^Probably just a sales pitch that reflects his race number,but more built,IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hopefully most of them have been burned by now!

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Curious statement given your subsequent link to the Bostrum rep in Sheffield states 155 for the UK and 155 for the US. I have also found a web site that clearly shows a numbered Bostrum rep from the US. Andy

7. This was what I was trying to clear up as both eBay ads have conflicting information regarding numbers and markets

8. The US ones were base model engines and not 998S bikes :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. You were asking about 998S Bostrom's?

10. I was yes

11. The plate on the US Bostrum being sold on Miami had 998S on it. Riddle me that ? Andy

12. I was told they were pretend S's with base engines as they couldn't get through the emissions, maybe the plaques were made before so they kept them :joy:
    Look at the power outputs...

13. From MCN before the UK launch, Nov 2001 - Riddle e diddly e dee :yum

"Ducati have already unveiled the Ben Bostrom replica 998 in the US, but now it’s coming to Europe, and so is World Champion Troy Bayliss’s replica. But while we’ll be getting the 136bhp 998S engine, instead of the standard 123bhp version which was used in the States because of American emissions regulations, we’ll be losing the carbon-fibre bodywork they were given to make up for their lack of power. Then again, with 13bhp extra, we can’t really complain. It’s priced at £14,500, so if you want one of just 155 examples built for Europe, you’d better get down to your dealer on December 5".

14. My understanding is that there were 155 to each of three markets. Europe, USA and "rest of the world".
    The USA one's only had the standard 998 engine due to emission restrictions but to make up for it they got carbon fibre fairings and I believe that BB autographed the tanks and well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. See Ben Bostrom's race number

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Can't add anything to the conversation other than I love the Bostrom rep. Wish I'd bought one a few years back, even if it was Ducati Wolverhampton selling it.

17. Anyone know of any for sale apart from eBay and Sheffield

18. So ideal is uk power, US bodywork

Do Not Sell My Personal Information