1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 57mm Termi System Dba Level

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Lucazade, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Any one knows that is the dB level on a 57mm 999 full system?

If it is above 102 dBa I will not be able to do my track day on 24th :/

Anyone has baffles I can borrow?

2. my cored 999 is 101db and the full termi system has much bigger holes at the end.....

3. Ok I was expecting that. Need baffles or way to cheat the system with temp baffles hm

4. Pulling the clutch in makes it quieter apparently.

@Air Duck and @Kingfixer rode 999's on track so may be able to advise.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My 57 system has been quoted between 102 and 107, depending on which uncontrolled test environment it happens to be in on the day.
    I have baffles...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I only ever took my 999 round Silverstone and they don't do a static test only drive by. They did static tests once when apparently they had complaints, mine passed but I don't know what reading it was.

7. Ricky you out tomorrow? Can I borrow them?

8. Indeed Lucas, I am....family meal out so probably not where I am likely to meet you!
    You can borrow them but we’d need to sort out how to get them to you.
    I’ll be in my garage on Sunday...

9. Sounds like the perfect sunday

10. The 57mm system was designed as pert of the super sport package. It was originally rated at 98db.

I purchased a new kit which when I put on my bike in replacement of the half system dropped it down bang on 98db.

6 years later it’s running around 101db when tested last, depending weather conditions.

You should be safe at a 102 event.

11. It shouldn’t be that high, I’d say the wadding needs refreshing if you’re up above 102 dB.

The larger dynamiter headers and pipe work causes the sounds to be deeper and create less db compared to the half systems which are typically around the 102-105 db mark.

12. Wadding has been refreshed.
    As I said, the measurement of noise on Trackdays is completely uncontrolled and arbitrary. The testers decision is final so if they measure it incorrectly and it turns out to be too high, you are basically fucked.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah, I cannot disagree with that :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. So my 999s has a termi system with a banana shaped pipe . 2 pipes go into the banana (1 pipe )then goes back to 2 pipes to go into the exhaust box ( cant really call it a silencer .
    What system is this system called please and what are the advantages ?
    What would be the noise out put ?
    Cn you buy new wadding?
    And presumably the rivets have to be drilled out to refill ?
    Apologies if I have hi jacked this thread .

15. It’s a 2-1-2 fully 57mm system, developed for super stock. They were sold as either a compete kit with the rear silencer or as an upgrade which canalised at slipon kit.

To replace the wadding remove the revitsand, remove the old contents and replace with new packing then re-revit.

Simples :)

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. mines been clocked at 103 but I know the wadding has broken down so I would expect a newish exhaust or repacked one to be a fair bit less that that.

17. I did this simple task a few years ago...it was technically simple but an absolute fakkin arse of a job!
    Stuffing it all back in razzed my arms up completely and, in the end, it made no difference to the noise!!
    Other than that, a most satisfactory waste of a summer afternoon!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information