1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 999/749 Fault Codes. Bike Will Not Run.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by mrfurry, Apr 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hi everyone.

Looking for the right diagnostic cable.
    Does anybody have an link were I can buy the right cable.
    I need to do an TPS reset. and search out other fault codes. 1.2 10.1 and 19.2
    Bought an cable set 3 pin to 16 pin. 16 pin fit the Blue connector to the computer USb, But the three pin does not fit the 749....
    Have searched the forum but can not find.
    thanks in advance,
    picture is of the cable I have.

P1060828.JPG

2. The layout of the 3 pin connector is wrong. This one is the type you need
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/223929336667
    Look at the image of the 3 way connector and you will see a plastic lug that prevents wrong connection. There is a hole on the diagnostic port to accept this.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks Chrisw, ordered one. Have you got experience with the above named fault codes?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. 1.1 = TPS error
    10.1 = Horizontal coil error
    19.2 = starter contractor error

That is a strange combination. First thing I do with any possible electrical problems is fit a new coil/injector/pump micro relay. It is a £2 part that causes no end of problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. This is difficult. I am horrible on electronics. The engine rebuild was an piece off cake comparing to the electronics... I better stick with engines.

• Like Like x 1
  6. changed micro relay, and 19.2 dissapeared. But an new one arrived 11.1 vertical coil. and sometimes 37.3 Immobiliser (serial cable disconnected) pops up now and then....

7. Check that the key detecting ring is properly in its place inside the ignition switch cover. Also check the antenna connector is properly plugged in and clean. I'd also take off the dash, clean and reconnect the dash plug just to be sure.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Both coils replaced. No difference. still error 10.1 and 11.1
    Replaced ECU with an racing ECU (no immo) and coil faults are gone.
    TPS remains but new cable should suit that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. what could have made the original ECU gone wrong? Bone Stock 749 bike from 2006 with 11000kms.

10. When the ECU is removed/replaced you need to reset the TPS anyway.

11. Ecu coil drivers are a known weakness in the earlier 749/999. I don’t know which ecu your 2006 bike would have but the later one, as fitted to the 1098, is reckoned to be more robust and can be flashed with a map for your bike

12. TPS reset done. No fault codes. New battery. everything looks fine this morning.
    Trying to start the bike. Starter motor runs but bike will not run. Fuel pump checked. Fuel is coming out of the injectors.
    Changed the coils.
    But there is no spark.
    And a lot of fault codes appear again. 1.1 TPS/ 10.1 H Coil/11.1V Coil / 12.2 injector shorted to earth /13.2 injector 2 shorted to earth / 34.0 Panel Something?
    Does anybody have an suggestion?

13. 34 is the Barometric Pressure Sensor built into dash. Is the earth fly lead connected to one of the bolts holding the ECU to the battery box? Is it sound? No breaks. Is it clean? No Verdi Gris.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. bike has not seen rain. all connection/plugs/wiring is spot on.

15. earth to ecu is on. relays changed

16. Can the ignition pulse generator cause these throubles?

17. It doesn’t have to be rain, condensation is enough.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information