1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Airwaves Rep value advice...

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Exige, May 9, 2013.

1. Ducati 999 Mono Airwaves official GSE / Ducati UK replica - what's a good price for one with just over 10,000 miles.
    Any idea anyone? What would you pay if you were in the market for one? Been offered a swap for my 999S.

2. Moved to Superbike :smile:

3. Same price as standard model, possibly less. Unofficial as they are not factory reps. Is it 05 facelift model, there's some earlier bikes around with that paint but Airwaves only raced the facelift. Around £5,000 if its 05 model imho. Your S is probably worth more and will hold its price better if its same model year. Race reps are a fickle thing. Xerox seem to be desirable but in general standard is what sells.

4. It is one of 16 Mono's - it was an 'official' Ducati UK / GSE racing replica with certificate, but basically came about to get rid of the last unsold 999 bikes in the country - so a run-out sales tactic essentially. I guess it will be an 05-06 registration. My 999S is on an 05 but is the old model with gray swing arm.
    I have a 999R standard red and an official FilaR which I think is much more sought after I think (due to rarity and looks I guess) but sort of agree what you say about the Airwaves 999

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice bike, even better that Dream Machine didn't paint it :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Never a truer word spoken!!! :biggrin:

8. I wouldn't mind an official 999R Xerox.

9. How many 999's do you need?

Lets see some pics on the "R" s!

10. My other 3 999's (I was selling the S) excuse the awful carpet :redface:

My 999's 003.jpg My 999's 007.jpg My 999's 009.jpg

My 999's 003.jpg

My 999's 007.jpg

My 999's 009.jpg

11. There is no excusing that carpet, what were you thinking

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. I was thinking:

I will buy this house with a crap carpet as it has a drive way width at the opposite side to the garage, I can then build a double garage in the back garden. Then instead of buying new carpets for the house I can buy motorbikes instead, why do you ask? Kin obvious really if you think about it! :wink:
    Garage.jpg

Garage.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  13. Strangely I was at Rage HQ today catching up with Mike

14. Bringing this back to life, whats the consensus on non official race reps? I have a fila 749s, as far as i know they never made factory 749 race reps,only asking as im planning on throwing my wallet at this bike over the next few years, and if it is worth me keeping the original scheme.
    Cheers

15. Black Cats for me, puked all night :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. My Mum used to own a busy carpet like Exiges, I recall (just about) sat in her front room at the age of about 17 tripping my tits off after experimenting with a couple of mate and an acid tab. In my very hallucinative state the carpet came alive, and her blown vinyl wallpaper was breathing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. At my age you don't need the acid, just the memories... and the carpet :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information