1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999 Immobiliser Issue ?

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by chase, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Hi All ,
    Any ideas on the following ?
    I haven't used the bike or started it for 4 to 5 weeks , went to do so tonight and nothing !
    When I pressed the key fob nothing , I just presumed the system had gone to sleep .
    Did the normal to wake the system up and again nothing - Turn on the key lights ect come on but no starter , as just stated key fob not beeping .
    I put new batteries in the fob just in case but just the same .
    Any ideas ? I have the red key if that helps .
    Any feed back appreciated .
    Chase .

2. Could be side stand sensor, i had this on my mutli the other day, am sure i had this happen to me on my 749 before the alarm and immoblizer were still fitted... Just take the weight of the bike and flip the side stand up and see if fires up...

How old is the battery(on the bike)...

3. Hi Rebel ,
    The battery voltage is very good .
    Its not that the bike wont fire , the alarm fob is not disarming the alarm/immobiliser so there fore it wont try to start .
    I will check the side stand but I'm not getting the "beep " to say the alarm is disarmed .

4. Mines done this before I just moved the bike in neutral ( wheeled it out of garage) with side stand up and it started straight away.
    Almost like the bikes system didn't know if was in gear or not or side stand down moving it seemed to reset everything.

5. Had a problem with my 749s in the channel train once... the alarm didnt work, bike would turn on with key but nothing from starter!!!! an other rider told me to put it in gear and rock it back and fourth???? after that it started. Never had the problem again so dont know what it was but if it wasnt for the nice guy id still be there...
    Worth a try....

6. Take the alarm off if it's playing up - they are not worth the hassle :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Hi All ,
    First chance ive had - The alarm is a META357T -V2 unit .
    To remove the alarm I assume I cut the Meta alarm wires off and make good where they have been joined to existing wires in the loom ?
    Then there are 4 wires that have been cut and go through the alarm , the wires are colour coded so again I assume I cut the alarm wires out and join up the 4 wires colour for colour ?

8. That's what I did with mine in the end! Got a tracker instead....

• Like Like x 1
  9. I guess the led unit isn't flashing either?

10. Strangely the LED is flashing !

11. Thanks for the link .
    Strangely the LED is flashing !
    Obviously ive changed the batteries in the 2 remotes .
    Looks like its knackered !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Are you sure the batteries are in the right way around?

13. Chase, sent you a pm with the Meta pin out info for your alarm if you want to bypass it

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information