1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Termignoni Fitting And Ecu Remap

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Andrew Lowther, Feb 2, 2019.

1. hey new to Ducati ownership and need some help please!

Bought a standard 999 and a 54mm termi system but have no termi install manual and a bag of bolts/pipes so Would be über grateful if anyone has one.
    Also does anyone on here remap the stock ecu in the north of england please?

Cheers
    Andy

2. Andy, there is not much to know, it goes together pretty much one way only. Did you get the correct system for the swinging arm/MY of the bike? There are one or two on here that will take your ecu and reflash it then mail it back, chrisw for starters. CJS may do it but he may prefer to set it up properly on the bike

3. I have got a 2004 54 with the Ohlins front fork and grey swing arm. This is the 54mm kit that I have got. Can take more pics if required? Thanks for the advice

C7B5DCC0-5A79-4C03-B2F7-BE9C8571B0D2.jpeg

4. Andy, work from the back to front to get the old system off then reverse to assemble from the front. Get a spring puller. Make sure the pipes are properly seated and don't tighten anything up until it is assembled. Don't use cement. Some of the pipes need a bit of lubing to get them to seat and allow them to rotate slightly to align them. Also it is also important to clean the pipes where they mate(both parts) especially if they are sooty or coked. When it is cleaned up try assembling it on the floor. The long pipe is the front horizontal cylinder. You have to disassemble the back end of the bike which is not as big a job as it first looks.

5. Thanks for the hints denzil, I will let you know how I get on. Looks straightforward enough but having done this before there’s always a nack to it like you have explained. You think the one I have bought will fit alright then? Thanks again Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information