1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 999r Ohlins And Radial Brakes For 916 996 998

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Tim K, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Having realised that tracking a mint 998S isn't the smartest of decisions, 998a.jpg 998b.jpg
    So if anyone is interested,
    Ive decided to sell the complete 999R Ohlins and radial brakes setup and revert back to standard.

The complete unit will include the Ohlins, 999R bottom yolk, original Ducati performance carbon mud guard, modified spedo drive (not needed if fitting to 999), brakes and lines. Wheel and discs not included.

All items are as new.

• Like Like x 1
  2. By the way, What sort of discs are they, out of interest?

GLWS.

3. what master does it use? And how much for the lot?

4. I am interested but you don't indicate a price. I'm definitely not interested in 'make me an offer' so would you let me know how much you are looking for? Also, are these the same diameter as the original Showa forks? If not I'm gonna need the top yoke and whatever that bar is called that goes through the headstock?
    They would be going straight back on to another mint 998S and straight back on the track!

5. I suspect you'll need bottom yoke...:upyeah:

6. If looking for Showa forks and 53mm bottom yoke I have some here if needed

7. Evening All
    To answer a few questions:-
    The bottom yolk is included and is 998R which is larger than std Showa. The top Yolk on all 916 series and 999s are the same so the standard Showa top yolk works fine and is included also.
    The discs are not included but are std 320mm Brembo discs that fit all 916 series bikes with 5mm offset. The discs have recessed bolt holes that allow the bolts to miss the speedo drive, but not necessary if fitting to a 999 only the 916 series. There is also an engineered 5mm spacer to align the discs to the calipers.
    If I ask for £1500 then this will be a third of what they cost me.
    Thanks for your interest.
    T

8. One thing I forgot to add....

I'm using the std brake master cylinder with twin braided hoses. The hoses and the twin banjo connection will also go with the setup.
    Basically its a complete front suspension setup less wheel and discs.

9. Tim this is beautiful work, I hope I can tap your wisdom. I’m working on a 888 Corse project. I’m installing custom triple clamps 53/56mm that will let me mount any of the front set ups from 9xx. My dream scenario is to combine exactly what you are showing, the radial mount from 999R with the Marchesini 5 spoke front wheel of the 998. Would you be so kind as to share the details of this setup, in particular would the 999R forks and axle work straight with the 998 front wheel? What kinds of rotors are you using? Any custom spacers, etc?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information