1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999r Production Numbers And Numbering

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by James Thomas, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Hello everyone,
    Can anyone explain the production numbers/numbering for 999Rs across the various years and versions?? I'm interested in a 'plain' 2005 999R. The seller is saying it's not numbered and that that was normal. But I'm sure I've seen other adverts for 999Rs where they state that it's "bike X of Y". And then of course there are the Xeroxes and Filas to further complicate matters!
    Thanks in advance for any insights.

2. All 999r are numbered by the factory on the top headstock, as for you know who.....apparently the rumour has it, he's built a new shed extension out of commemorative plaque boxes.;)

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. I had an 04 999R number 23, plate on the top yoke and I also had a metal plaque in a red box this was etched metal with the build number engraved also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They're numbered like this:

IMG_20210629_150046.jpg

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. They aren't.

6. Are the early ones not numbered? I know mine was (one of the last, 2006). Came with a plaque thing too.

7. 2005-2006 USA 999R's don't have the number. Fila and Xerox always have it as well as all Euro models.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. That doesn't make sense.

9. Indeed, that's what I've discovered - all 2003 and 4 999Rs are numbered, all Xeroxes and Filas are, all Euro spec 2005 and 6s are.... but US 2005s are not.... which is what I've been offered :confounded:

Would definitely prefer a numbered bike. Just trying to decide how much I care about that little number plate...

God bless Ducati and their logic!

10. number 008 MY03 here

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information