1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999r Specs/info

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by yellowducmaniac, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Advice required from the 999R brigade...i'm going to look at a 2004 model shortly, although I have owned an 'S' I need to brush up on my knowledge of the top model, what are the main differences between the model years and is there anything specific over the other models I should be looking out for if I decide to pull the trigger on it...ta in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Buy the one you like the look off best - I prefer the silver frame to red. Small engine changes but power similar due to Ducati changing from RWHP to Crank sometime in 2004 (although people with 05/06 ones will be angry about this and deny it) :)
    2004 had red frame and deep black swing arm the same as the 04 749R but it changed for the 05/06 model again looking at the part numbers as it had an up suffix to 2A.
    2003 had the silver cast swing arm and silver frame.
    Later bikes had magnesium cam covers and thinner wheel spokes and 2 vent fairing (2005/06)

Do you have a link to an ad?

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Never got round to sussing out how to post links ...the bike is at Roadhouse motorcycles Stamford.

4. Just copy and paste.

5. Yeah....that's what I mean..what's copy and paste?...doh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Take a picture of it on a camera, take it to the developer, get several copies, post it to all of us.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Can't see it on their web site, but they have some very disturbing looking bikes on there! You will need tassels to get in :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. 1st Class too, were sick of waiting :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah I know,scary...its not on their website, but it is on their ebay listings.

10. Nothing on there Web site.
    Steve

11. :zzz:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Prefer a red frame myself, but that's just the frames of Ducatis in general. :motorcycleduc: :thinkingface:

#15 Robarano, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2018
  13. It is red.

14. Just dropped Lars a text :):upyeah:

15. Yeah Stu, what you want?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  16. Lars say's he bought the bike in Winter 2016 and sold it a month or two later. He recalls it didn't have the plaque in the red box or books/history but the bike was spot on other than this.
    It seems to be missing it's Termi half system / silencer and the photo's looks like they have been taken to disguise this?

The number plate DUC999R is currently sorn on a 2003 999R first registered in March 2003 so looks like they have done it for advertising - not sure if this is entirely legal to falsify another current number even if not on the road :eyes:

I seem to recall @Robarano having an interest in the bike at the time, he may have even talked to Lars :thinkingface:

Is Twist of the Wrist the same dealer (as shown on the number plate) :thinkingface:

#20 Exige, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information