1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999s belts

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by motojohn, Mar 25, 2012.

1. i have to do my belts this summer , i have been looking around at prices of belts and i was amazed at the price of them , i did the belts on my 900ss and it cost around £60 but looking on ebay and some dealers it looks like its going to cost me £135 for the belts . I don't know why they are so much as a set for a 1098 are only £89 .
    so if anybody knows of a good dealer to supply me the belts without pulling my pants down and abusing me:eek: would be nice :upyeah:

2. They have gone up by 20 quid this year and im guessing the rest of the service parts may have done also. Not great really. Are you doing your own belts then?

I know pattern belts are frowned upon but is this really the case?
    Ive watched the ducatitech vids on youratube and it looks like they endorse them in good ol usa.

Any takers?
    Jc

3. I have done the belts on my 900ss and on a monster but not on twin cam but its the same thing just bigger , i do not trust the garages around here and have always done all my own servicing . i have just bought a cam locking tool from the states to aid me

4. I sell the belts, Dayco Isoran.....£44 each plus postage......

5. thats great i will have a pair please

6. pm with details please motojohn.......

7. I've got an old 999 bip and a 1200s mutli
    The 999 gets less use than it used to, it's on a trickle charge so it starts first time every time, then it gets the hump.
    Engine management light comes on, sometimes, then goes out, it can just cut out then be fine, it's like it's trying to show me just how pissed off it is by being left behind, like tempremental girlfriend, if it's ridden regular then all's forgiven.
    It's got fresh fuel and fully charged, would anyone be able to throw some light on this?

8. This is a very old thread, you will get more help if you start a new thread, perhaps in the technical help section or 999 section.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Before my time too :eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Are you sure you wasnt logged in as nogaro?

I've seen the ages of your Eastern girls.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I meant before my time with California Cycleworks ……….. :eyes:

12. We know what you meant!!! :eyes::eyes:

13. How come:bucktooth:, as I changed my mind after FE's post!!! :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information