1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 999s Termi Performace Kit/can

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by xander296, Jun 11, 2018.

1. lad I know has a 999S with a end can that looks like a standard can but has “For Race Use Only” and 573.1.081 stamped on it, he has offered it to me before he sells his bike, says it’s a termi what is the can is it a termi will it fit on my standard 2003 749, will it sound better that the standard can?

Thanks for any help

2. Hi Xander, I'm looking for a 999 if he is going to sell....! Please pass the message on!
    Cheers
    Grant

3. It depends on:
    A) What system you already have - I assume it’s a standard asymmetric system?
    B) Whether his can is suitable for your system (ie from an asymmetric system too) or is part of a 54mm or 57mm full system

4. He will have a deep sump, you won't - so the front link pipe (which comes with the End Can if an Asymmetric System) won't fit I don't think.
    If it's just the end can then your front pipe has a CAT and the rear CAT is in the End Can - so you will end up with one CAT :)
    Sounds like a Termi End Can though...

5. It's not a Termi silencer, it's a "race" stock silencer for an early 999R. Looks the same as stock one, probably just as heavy and quiet too..

6. Will it run with just one cat? can I just cut the cat out of a standard link pipe? If it’s race only is it not louder better flowing?

7. Hi Grant the deal for his bike is already done he’s just waiting on his new one to be ready.

8. Sure can. Just cut it out and weld it up.

9. Thats doable, I can get a standard link pipe from ebay for that, but if the can is for racing only and has no cat in it it must be louder? better than the standard can? £1100 for a Termi is a bit rich for what the bikes worth, but I don`t like the look of the twin round/oval pipes on the 749/999, and then theres the ECU to pay for

10. You can decore the end can too. Lots of threads on this. Depending on how loud you want it and how you want it to look you can cut more out. My whole system looks completely OEM on the bike but is straight through and runs 99db so louder but can get on most track days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have seen a couple of threads on that, did you need to get a custom map or anything after you altered the standard can?

12. Yeah, was popping a bit on overrun and would occasionally stall going into roundabouts off slip roads, not often. I got one done and much better but could have lived without it.

13. so at the end of the day is the can worth it over the standard? If it’s lost the cat and I get another front link pipe without the cat would it be louder better flowing than standard?

14. Chrisw on here can reflash your ecu or a better/later ecu you can get get from Ebay with the correct map for your modified bike.

15. Yes it is better. It will be louder, more free flowing and you will grow two inches taller, become a better dancer and as a consequence will finally acheive some (some) success with women!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Winner all ways then, so will a Termi make me even better, well worth the £1200 if it will :p:p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Its all a bit pricey this Ducati exhaust business, Jap bikes and Triumphs Ive had I could load the maps myself and cans where more like £400, I think I will stick with standard for now see how it goes, I have heard North Wales police are pulling people and checking cans so maybe not the best time to get a "For Racing Use Only" can :(:( thanks for the replies though excellent forum

18. Mine was £150 all in and you can't tell the difference to look at it unless you start stripping the bike to pieces. I expect you could get a base map pretty cheap.

19. When you say get a map, can you upload to the ecu? Is that what you did? Don’5t really fancy all the work involved in modding a standard pipe, I will have a think and see might get a standard pipe and see if I can get someone to mod it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information