1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 999s Wheel Colour

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Okenshield, May 1, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Can anyone tell me what colour wheels come standard on a 2003 999S. Are they silver or black?

2. Not sure on the 03 but my 2004 999S had greyish silver wheels, until i changed them for Dymag Carbons :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah I though they were grey but there is a 2003 999s I’m looking at buying and it has black wheels. Just wondered if they were standard colour on that year/model.

4. If you Google pictures, you'll see them with both. I'm not knowledgeable about 749/999 at all but might be an early year vs late year production run thing. Still the sort of period in history where they just grabbed what was on the shelf. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. i have a 03 999s . It has the silver/grey wheels

6. Grey. This is stock '03 999s.
    If it's gen 1 with black wheels then I would say they have been refurbed or replaced with gen 2 (post '05)
    20210317_203300.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agree with Sev, IMO your bike has grey frame/swinger and should have the grey wheels, the black wheels are from a later boxed swinger bike or have been painted or powder coated black.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. The bike’s only done 4000 miles so not sure why owner would bother painting them

9. If you havent bought it yet ask the owner why its got black wheels and not grey...but to be honest if the bike looks/rides ok and you are happy to buy it then go for it ,there could be any number of reasons why the wheels have been changed, black wheels on a nice 03 bike wouldnt be enough of a reason for me to swerve it unless i wanted OCD originality.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information