1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 A Bit Of A Build Up.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by able duc, May 4, 2019.

1. D1159DF7-11F3-43B9-9999-4CB35148A41B.jpeg I’m returning back to an 899 after an 1199, 959 and first was an 899 which I really liked. I’m going back to the basics after having an 1199 with all the fruit and HP that hides all too well my many inadequacies on the track.

Soooooo along comes this crashed 899

Bits Here already
    1199 aluminium tank with painted extension
    1299 mag fairing stay
    1299 headers no flap with Termi Ti mufflers
    DBHolders subframe
    M4 calipers & 330mm rotors
    1199 oem shock Öhlins spring and flat link
    1299 oem seat
    DP mirror block offs
    DP performance rearsets
    Front OZ forged 6 spoke wheel
    And about 140 Ti bolts to put in
    RapidBike Evo

Bits Coming
    RapidBike shift assist
    1299 mag sump
    1299 oem slipper with mag side covers
    1299 stator and side cover
    TSS lightened flywheel
    1299 mag valve covers
    New painted fairings
    Used bottom triple
    Hel brake lines for abs delete

Flick me a message if you have a rear lightweight wheel to sell.

#1 able duc, May 4, 2019
    Last edited: May 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 9
  2. This is going to be a interesting thread! Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good stuff.
    I keep musing over a 899 build with a 1199 engine...:eyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  4. Sorry my fairing example is on an SL wishful thinking big time.

fllor-bits.jpg
    pani-tri-green copy.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. When I first saw that picture, it reminded me of a bloke who had just had sex and was now unwinding in a relaxed mess, smoking a cigarette.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 330 rotors from my 1199 (modded with rotor spacers, custom sensor ring and drilled to fit the 3 bolt OZ wheels) M4 calipers Ti bolts and the HEL brake lines arrived, also my 1299 strator, clutch with associated mag and valve covers etc arrived so bits are starting to filter in. I need to hurry up and get the outgoing 1199 (on the bike lift) out to get the 899 in the prime shed spot for assembly. IMG_6722.jpg IMG_6724.jpg shed.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. hmmmm donuts table.jpg homer.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. You fancy a ktech shock?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Fitted the HEL brake lines to the M4's and chopped into the ABS brake controller, the 899 is nothing like the 1199 controller so I had to cut the whole thing in half to split it you can't unscrew them and just glued on a cover. Shittttt hope it works! saves about half a kg so with abs gone and the M4's it should be improved but I won't make pretty bracket for it until I see if it works.
    IMG_6767.jpg IMG_6768.jpg IMG_6770.jpg

#9 able duc, May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
  10. Couldn't wait to get some Ti bolts into the flywheel 44 g vs 31 g.
    IMG_6777.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1299 clutch basket is on the 899 and I got the flywheel off the other side so I'll stick the 1299 stator and flywheel on tomorrow. Permatex for the covers has arrived and I've ordered valve cover and clutch cover gaskets so I'll knock those over soon and get on with the rest. IMG_6786.jpg

12. Mag sump on and oil screen cleaned, radiators off, plugs out and valve covers off, stator/flywheel and cover installed as well as clutch side case. Fitted up about 50 Ti bolts so far I will pretty well do everyone I can while assembling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Starting to take shape.
    stand2.jpg stand1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Nice project

15. nice little workbench you have there, who makes those?

16. I work in a hospital saw the maintenance people wheeling an old exam table towards the bin, removed the top and there you go recycled and saved the planet once again. Can’t do it now days unethical and wrong to repurpose government equipment :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. change the forks.....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. No stock forks the slightly uprated 1199 rear shock with an ohlins spring and flat link.

19. Looking good.... how much weight saving with mag casting parts?

• WTF WTF x 1
  20. The beauty of the clutch side is it's in two parts, means you can access the clutch a LOT easier.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information