1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of KH green on this red forum

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Roadtrip, Feb 27, 2014.

1. This is my current project that i am building at the moment, though i would put a few photos up if anyone is interested in a bit of two stroke,

Its a Kh250 b5 1980, The last model of the kh250, Kork Ballington colours.
    I am the second owner and have owned it a year now it had been left in a garden uncovered since 1993 with a blown crank seal.
    It has moved on a lot since these photo but still got a long way to go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Ooo. I love stuff like this.

Please put up all the photos as you progress. I have great admiration for people who might be tempted just to chuck the thing in a skip, but carry on regardless.

It's going to be amazing to see it all pristine...... Er, we will, won't we?

Good build thread!

3. Respect - there's a big number of stroker fans on this forum.

Nice to see such a wreck being rescued, and send in the pics :upyeah:

4. Wow, it's even got it's own garden! :biggrin:

P.S. how do you keep the dog so white?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. My guess, washing machine :wink:

6. Nice will you keep it the original colour, not my favourite kawi green I prefer the darker almost british racing green.
    Great project though .

7. Good luck. Look forward to seeing your progress :upyeah:

8. You are brave indeed, I like the matching moss :)

9. I had a KH500 and a KH750.......

.....wish I had kept them, but the handling was that bad, I reckon I would have killed myself fairly quickly........

10. I'm sure that's going to be lovely when finished. I'm just not brave enough to start projects like that so well done.
    I'd love to follow behind you one day when it's running just for that sound and smell. Keep it up.

11. Use to work for a guy that had a 750, wasn't called a KH, just a letter & a number, evil thing.

OP I remember looking at a brand new KH250 in the same colours as yours, as a spotty 16 year old in late 1980 or early 81, luckily for me my grandad chucked some money into my piggy bank & I picked up a brand new 250LC in March 81
    Wish I still had that 30 something years later & I struggled to find a home for it in 83

12. Mrs Road trip's job that, lots of combing and good food and don't let them sniff or lick another dog thats white and has that brown fungus around its mouth because they will catch it, great dogs Westies :upyeah:

Thanks for all the replys, i will put some more photos up of before and after which will consist of rust and more rust.
    Heres a couple of my Lc2 ypvs which i sold about 3 years ago and few of my 350lc which took two years to build and has been on the road 4 years now and is fantastic fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#12 Roadtrip, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 7
  13. The KH (and its moss) appear to be in good hands!

You might transplant the moss to a suitable bit of your garden, if you have one.

14. man thats some project plenty of rust and moss ...but way cool
    whoa love the mars bar elsie
    friend had an elsie years back never got round to getting one myself .........yet

15. That'll be an H2 then.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Allspeed can? Boy that brings back some memories :upyeah:

17. Ooh had a 350YPVS in those colours too (1984 though 83 bike)

Love your modified 350LC

18. Cheers chaps,
    Before i took the engine out i made sure to loosen up all the nut's and bolts so to make it easy when stripping it down, took two people to get one of the cylinders off and it was stuck fast.
    Still on original bore but will get a rebore or a hone and new pistons.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    After putting the mower over the seat i took a look underneath.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#18 Roadtrip, Feb 28, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  19. Holy shizzle the titanic is in better shape than that , good old challenge though :upyeah:

20. That has definitely seen better days... Good luck getting it sorted...
    I have a KH as a project - mine has a few less pistons than yours, it's a 1976 KH100 and it's been in bits for about six years now.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information