1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Late Newbie Intro

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by caffine, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Greetings from Santa Cruz, CA. I was reminded of my lack of an intro post, I’ve frequented this forum for the past couple of years.

Not new to bikes, but new to Ducati since 2020. I’d always lusted from the first time I laid eyes on a 916 in the showroom. Actually had recurring dreams of it for a year. Unfortunately my Ducati taste had a Yamaha budget, so for the next 20 years I rode a few Yamahas, a Triumph, and a couple BMWs. When COVID hit I decided to fulfill my Ducati dream. First with a 1995 Strada, then lucked upon an SPS shortly after that. A couple 748R. A Multistrada 1260 PP. A 996. And finally a Panigale V2. Of those, I kept one of the 748R, the 996, and the V2. Love each of them in their own ways.

I love working on my bikes (most recent project was exhaust for the V2), learning more about them, and of course riding them around the Santa Cruz Mountains, and generally admiring their beauty.

Huge thanks to all of those who have shared wisdom here, it’s a great community.

Cheers

B9F79AD3-9DF1-4BE6-8EF8-36F2859E62E1.jpeg 66FF83EC-D80F-409B-8C0B-AC094EBF81CE.png 9F0AB6EE-D42A-4693-B686-2657A8EF79F1.jpeg 9A1803F6-EEED-4A4D-9C53-6368BBCDCC88.jpeg

#1 caffine, Jun 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Hello and Welcome.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Welcome formally into our mad house oldie newbie

Forgot my bin pic too :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh no he hasn't, it's the black & white thing in the background with the flashing lights.:p

Welcome on board.:cool::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. What's a bin pic?

7. Trash cans
    Though i think I have spotted one in the highway patrol picture :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ohhhh gotcha :joy:

Got plenty of those lol

850B9A55-8BAC-46FE-A720-DE2A9297550F.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Epic

welcome

• Like Like x 1
  10. Oooo your in :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Good that you found the place, impressive picture of your bikes. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Welcome and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  13. The fellas’ done well for himself-Yamaha budget to buying seven Ducatis in Covid. Congrats & welcome, lovely bikes

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Thank you, sir. Timing and luck had a bit to do with that good fortune. I seemed to start a Tamburini buying trend when I found my first one. The three bikes I kept are essentially proceeds from the predecessors, with the exception of the MTS which I about broke even on.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Welcome. Very nice collection. Nice bin unfortunately covered by that yellow bike with 748 written on it. Is that a Ducati? I thought they were red:)
    All very confusing to us senior citizens. Welcome to the mad house.

• Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information