1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon A Question For Icon Owners

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Android853sp, Jun 22, 2020.

1. I have just been looking at fitting a new battery tender pigtail to the battery on my girlfriend’s Icon and came across a USB socket, in a Ducati branded waterproof rubber boot, set in to the plastic battery box cover. Is this standard, an option or aftermarket ? The Ducati Scrambler web site is less than informative. Andy

2. Standard - if its under seat

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, they all have it. Item 1. Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 16.50.38.png

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. It's standard Andy :upyeah:

5. Every day is still a school day. Turns out that it is available as a spare part. Need to see where it can go on the Multistrada. Cheers Terry. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. My 2017 has one .

7. It’s only live with the ignition on which I find really annoying, much better would be a constant live so that for example you could leave your phone charging when going for a coffee.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. My 2017 Multi has one under the seat. :)

9. Wouldn't be hard to do. The USB supply has spade connectors so you could easily change the positive terminal to permanent battery volts. I don't know if it would continually use some battery power though when nothing connected.

10. I looked at one of the USB units off Amazon and in the blurb it stated that if wired to a permanent live, there would be a very small drain when not in use. Andy

11. Cheers Derek, I’ll leave mine as I always carry a battery bank for my phone now, it does irritate me though and was one of the reasons I sold my BMW mini and bought an elderly Ford Focus, that and the fact that the Focus doesn’t knock your teeth out over the bumps and potholes:)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information