1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Really Bad Week

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Richard 1200, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Over the last few months I have had a problem and have had many tests to understand what the problem is. On Tuesday I got the diagnosis, it's epilepsy.
    Then I get the bombshell from the consultant, you have to stop driving and surrender your licence.
    I will not get it back until 1 year after the last seizure. I have to inform the DVLA but I managed to have a good 3 hours out on the bike today but that's it, after riding bikes for 51 years it's over for now. By the time the medication starts working the earliest I will be back on the road is the end of 2017, but I will be back. I will be selling my Multistrada as I do not want to keep seeing it in the garage.

• WTF WTF x 2
  2. Bloody hell. Sorry to hear that Richard.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not good, all the best and hope you get it all under control.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Commiserations Richard. All the very best with the medication and for the future. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sorry to hear that mate . Hopefully there be some amazing bike out in 2017 and you can spoil your self with a brand new one.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Full crappie that. Get saving for an awesome 2017 Christmas present.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not good, sorry to hear your news and hope you get it sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Keep positive mate.

Life sucks sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  9. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sad news, but the medication prescribed today has an excellent success rate, so fingers crossed for a happy return, and best wishes :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  11. That's shit mate, Hope all goes well

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shit dude!
    Elephant in the room and that...how much for the Mutley?....dont judge me you arses. ...you were all thinking the same!

Joking aside, get back on the bikes. Sorry to hear to the doctors bombshell.
    Thinking of you dude.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Sorry to hear Richard, an Uncle had them in his twenties and thirties but has been clear for 40 years after diagnosis and medication, I hope yours goes the same way.

• Like Like x 3
  14. What were you symptoms leading up to this?

15. Hope you can stay positive and get over it as fast as possible.

Perhaps get a off-road bike so that you can get a green laning biking fix?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sorry to hear, think positive. Dont no about the illness but if you can still ride at times you could always try enduro, MX, or trials as a two wheeled fix if allowed. good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Awww no!!! That's pants :(

Can you keep your hand in doing off road stuff

• Like Like x 1
  18. Bummer. Good luck with the meds!

• Like Like x 1
  19. I will be 68 next year so I think a little late for off-road again. I did ride in trials from 1965 through to the mid 80's. I am determined to get back in on the road but it will not be on a Panigale but 2 wheels it will be.

#19 Richard 1200, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Sorry to hear that news, like you I have been forced to stop after over 50 years. It's a bitter pill yo swallow, but like you I will be back

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information