1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A very sad day :-(

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by nuttynick, Jun 23, 2012.

1. My Baines Imola has hit the reserve on eBay, it's really going :frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown::frown:

2. Just looked at the ebay ad Nick. What a lovely bike. Hope it rises more and goes to a good home.

3. Now things get real. It was a lovely bike mechanically (not to find on looks) but if I was after one yours was perfect.

4. Think about the new project bike and have a few beers later :smile:

5. But..but..but.. I haven't won the lottery yet !!! :mad:

6. Just had a look. What a beautiful machine!

If I was richer.........

7. I don't normally like this kind of thing but fair doos, that is VERY nice.

A couple of years back, I sold a project after 8 years together, at the time I regretted selling and thought it was a huge mistake that I could not rectify. However, it led me to an R1, then by chance onto a 748. I adore the old girl and tbf, I get so much more out of riding the Duc than anything I have ever had.

What I am trying to say is, as gorgeous as your Baines is, the next one could be bigger and even better!

• Like Like x 1
  8. It is truly stunning, I would seriously be considering pulling it and eating beans for a couple of years to catch the shortfall. Does it really have to go?

9. I'm not selling it for financial reasons, I'm building what I hope will be my dream bike, a labour of love, and just don't have the room for the Imola in the workshop. Plus I can only ride one special at a time.

10. If you don't need the money why don't you send it to NZ, we never see stuff like this, oh, by the way I will generously donate my time and energy to the custodialship of this wonderful machine. :wink: :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice try Dave! Sold, and off to France :-(

12. I had to try eh! :wink: Congrats on the sale, hope you achieved a good price :upyeah:

13. It went for more than the reserve to an enthusiast, so I'm happy.

14. I hope you told them about the site so we can keep in touch with the bike ?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information