1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 A Warning .

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by dave slowley, May 2, 2020.

1. Last year i had a small but continual fuel leak on my early 916 , it would fill the webs between the cylinders. i checked the fuel lines all the usual suspects turned out in the end to be the plastic nut on the bottom of the gauge thing. Replaced it with the ali nut then order a new pump seal as the one sent was wrong , Turned the tank over and waited . Probably some experienced lads know what comes next ; three days later with my new correct green seal in hand i carefully pick up the tank ,only to find what was a perfectly painted tank is now a peeling mess decals ruined, paint wrecked.
    So don't be a knob like me ,empty the fucking tank, this modern fuel will strip as quick as fuck....

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bad luck, what a terrible way to find out.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. 20200502_110416.jpg has any body got an early mushroom coloured brake lever ,even just the lever bit i cannot seem to find one .i know the one in the pic looks black but its a weird mushroomy colour.

4. Think I may have one of those levers in the garage, I'll have a look.
    Steve

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. some darling run into the back of me in traffic of course no ins .

6. Any good.
    IMG_20200502_111701.jpg IMG_20200502_122700.jpg
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  7. No charge, let me have your name and address and I'll get it in the post on Monday.
    Steve

• Like Like x 16
    • Love You Love You x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Class. Forum salutes to you.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Seen this few times with upside down tanks

10. You havent got a large bag of money,have you?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Posted this afternoon, looking at the pictures my grub screw is further out than your's, just check it when fitted.
    Steve

12. If you have Keith and I will split it, send it to me first obvs.

13. Im waiting on Steve!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Same here, I’ll send your portion once I’ve counted it, will cheque be ok?

15. Mmmm,not sure about that.I know,Ill send you all my bank details,numbers,pin etc.Im sure I can trust you to put it in.

• Like Like x 1
  16. great, don’t forget the cards too bud just to be doubly certain.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Sorry lads, just at the moment I can't remember where my stash is. :thinkingface:

Come to think about it I don't think I ever had a stash, my memory is getting worse. :eyes:
    Steve

• Crap Crap x 1

18. Ask your Wife where it is.....oh second thoughts forget it, oh you did already.

19. Can't remember whether I did.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information