1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Work Of Art, From Scott Leathers.

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Sam1199, Dec 10, 2017.

1. A few years ago I bought a 2 piece set from Scott Leathers. To say I was chuffed was
    an understatement.

Made to measure, they fitted me perfectly.

Man logic created the need for a 1 piece, with knee sliders for track days and vented leather to stop me from sweating, as I try to scratch them.

I like Dianese but off the peg doesn't fit me. So I went back to Scott.

All good things come to those that wait. They took their time but if you want craftsmanship you have to wait and it was worth every minute and every penny. Better finished than Dianese with no glued on bits and no glue splashes round the edge of letters etc.

I'm not knocking Dianese, their stuff is really nice.... but this fits me. Puurrrrrfectly.

They'll do whatever design you want, it's nice to have your own personal set. I'd thoroughly recommend a made to measure set for anyone and I'd thoroughly recommend a trip to Barnard Castle to get measured by Jim at Scott Leathers.

I'm certainly not paid for this, they don't know I'm posting it. I'm just a v. happy customer.

The only thing is, I'll have to get the grinder out to sort the sliders.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Art!!!!!!
    IMG_8011.JPG

Look at that stitching.
    IMG_8013.JPG

IMG_8014.JPG

• Like Like x 15
  2. Oh and cheaper than an off the peg Dianese set too. :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Very nice

• Like Like x 1
  4. Can I be nosey and ask how much ? I’m trying to convince myself I don’t need a set lol

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. See Creamy for that - but watch he doesn't cut your leg off at the knee :):upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Convince yourself that you do need them.

I'll send you a pm.

7. They look the biz :upyeah:

8. @Sam1199 havent you got some like that already?

9. They are. Elbow sliders too (whatever they call them). The titanium looking reinforcements on the outside like the shoulders.
    I'll have to get the grinder onto them aswell as I don't plan doing it Marquez style.

10. No, that was a 2 piece of a different design.
    Both Ducati badged n styled up though.

Where in the rule book does it say thou shalt only have
    1 bike and 1 set of leathers.

1 wife yes but that's an economy run.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. I knew I'd seen you in a Ducati badged set, but didn't realise it was a two piece.

It doesn't mention the number of sets you can have. Order another set :) :upyeah:

12. FullSizeRender.jpg This was the first set. 2 piece, unvented leather, no knee sliders.

Great kit though.

• Like Like x 3
  13. I'm skint!

14. Not a problem, first TD is end of March. Happy to break them in.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Thank you very much for your kind offer but in this weather I'll either wear them in bed or take them to Spain.

• Like Like x 1
  16. None of my business but If you're bedding will scratch up a set of kniee sliders may a suggest you wash the sheets....

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. Good idea. Before or after?

18. Just get longer knee sliders, mine a 3 feet long, a doddle to touch down!.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm in the market for a new 2 piece set. Just sent Scott an email. What was the procedure, did you make an appointment with them to go along for figment and then discuss option and designs then? Any idea how much I'm looking at for a 2 piece set?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information