1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Year With My St3

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Kenneth Lundgren, May 10, 2020.

1. At 9000 km in a year we have found each other, me and my bike. It was love in first sight but like a Rottweiler he needs a firm hand to handle and precise orders to obey. My bike it´s slightly modified with KN filter and exhaust from ST4 so he is rather loud, right way at my taste. Like many older Ducatis with dry clutch it´s rather heavy and not so good in low speeds under 3000rpm. But that character was what I was looking for and we now have a bond like that disorderly Rottweiler who finally accepted his leader.

The problem is this. The bike is old -04 and have 60 000km so it´s need a replacement in future, but with what?

I wish Ducati would make a new stylish looking sporttourer with room for two and luggage. Imagine a ST V4 that would bee that GT tourer many longing for. Multistrada say some, but if my bike as like that Rottweiler I compare then the Panigale is the Greyhound, what is Multistrada then? A crossroad between two arts who shouldn’t exist. I have hard time to accept that kind of bikes they are rather odd in designs, those adventure bikes.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Having put in a fair few miles on a friend's Multistrada, my answer to "what is it?" is: "too high, too heavy, too sit-up-and beg".

An STV4 could be a fabulous bike, but out of my price range. I also wonder about the service intervals/costs would be compatible with high-mileage touring.

What I'd really like is an updated ST twin range, building on the /S variants with modern traction control and other electronic rider aids.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've got an ST3 as well. I think that they are really good bikes. I've got an ST2 as well, which is also really good.

Unfortunately, for us, Ducati only see the Multistrada as their tourer now. I did get one as a loan bike once when another bike was being serviced. Unfortunately, for Ducati, Moto Guzzi do a tourer (V85 TT Travel) at a fraction of the price of a Multistrada, but I can't blame Ducati for that!

4. I've had the st2 st4 20160507_100938.jpg 20180808_105303.jpg and still have the st3s.
    My supersport s fits the bill as an addition to the st range perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information