1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A5012 - Make The Most Of It...

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by razz, Jun 18, 2018.

1. <rant>
    Derbyshire County Council has been awarded money to neuter (sorry - make safer) the A5012 Cromford to Newhaven road in the Peak District. For your delectation, the road will be 50mph all the way (currently 50 mph from Cromford to Bonsal, then 60mph thereafter) with average speed cameras between Bonsal and Newhaven (rear-facing, since we are perceived to be the enemy (sorry - problem)). A nice new roundabout at the Bonsal cross-roads too! So that’s another of my favourite roads ruined...
    </rant>

That’s such a shame, the road will now be like the Cat n Fiddle and A54 around Buxton. If only people didn’t crash so often on it...

https://derbyshire.gov.uk/site-elem...oads-fund-application-form-and-appendices.pdf

2. If anyone is around south Bristol a nice chunk of the A4174 has been resurfaced ( and when I say resurfaced it's silky smooth shellgrip) the Hicks gate roundabout (if you catch it right) is lovely to go round...

#2 comfysofa, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information